Sinister: since I'm not sad today.

LNino at xxx.com LNino at xxx.com
Fri Jun 9 19:07:57 BST 2000

Hola a todos:

I am listening to "I fought in a war", I like that song...
I guess we find the most beauty in a song when the song relates to us...
I guess that is why most of us think that the best B&S song is "Get me away
from here I'm dying", I guess many of us wish that on a daily basis.

I want to share a small story a friend once told me:

A man had been walking for many, many hours, until he got too tired to walk
anymore. He arrived to a cementery, he lied down on a gravestone and fell
asleep until the next morning.

When he woke up he rubbed his eyes and looked around. He got up and started
reading the names and dates of the people in those graves.

He read many names, and he read the dates on the gravestones 1973-1975,
1984-1989, 1991-1992, and so on.. he couldn't find a single grown up in the
cementery. He felt so bad he sad down and started crying.

The cementery care taker approached him and asked him?  Why are you crying?

The man said, "I can't believe these children died so young" " I can't find
a single grown up in this cementery".

The care taker said:  "This cementery is not like the others, those dates on
the grave stones are the actual time they lived, those years are the sum of
the happy moments in their lives, that is how long they really lived. This
man for instance died when he was 70 years old, he only lived 10, this woman
died when she was 40, she just lived 6 months, and so on.
It is indeed sad that they lived such short lives..."

The friend who told me this is the most carefree person I know, or at least
he seems to be... he seems to be happy all the time.. who knows.

I'm down to Wating for the moon to rise... pretty song.

the think with B&S songs is that there is always a perfect moment in the day
to listen to that perfect song that makes the perfect soundtrack for it.

Sorry if I sound a bit rambled, english is not my first language..

Juno.