Sinister: I know where temptation lies, inside of your heart...

nessa nessamalone at xxx.net
Fri Jun 9 20:26:09 BST 2000

thats what legal man is like. I think brian said that, I noticed it the
other night too. its the velvet underground song w/ the most belle and
sebastian content. possibly. but I'm no expert.

my exams are nearly over. I waited for them for two years and they were such
an anti climax. but I learned one or two things: most literature before the
17th century I have no interest in. Most literature from the early 20th
century I have more interest in than anything else. Maybe because most of
its fun-ly depressing. I still hate maths after doing it for about 14 years.
c'est tout.

I am kinda shocked that chickfactor did so badly in teh poll of sam's when
its so fucking great... you're all wrong. Nyah.

+ thanks to vilkas, jason andreas and caroline for your mogwai definitions.
personally I still can't define mogwai but they're a great pre exam calmer.
I was trying to explain what music I like to a chart music liking friend
today while my corporate punk rock loving 'alternative' other friend was
there too. She explained my taste as being 'over there', which pissed me
off. Other people will understand on the list and have possibly had the same
boring experience, or maybe not. You can't all be indie snobs. Especially
since b+s are now a... chart band. eek.

the chalet lines controversy... I don't think its cliched or gratitious or
tactless or insulting to women *and I am one...* at all. Stuart is one of
the only boys in bands that sell anything at all that can come from the
point of view of a woman rather than coming at them, and I know what a bad
and foul pun that is. Sorry. But seriously, in comparison to other top 20
dwelling dickheads like Blink 182? the whole horrible blink 182 and korn and
bloodhound gang thing is really distressing. They sell loads but say 5 years
ago they would have been fucking pilloried for the kind of crap they come
out with. thats insulting to women, the fact that they can get away with
what they say so easily and are just treated as some kind of post pc comical
thing. Same with eminem. Its more insulting to women that in music we're
still expected to be singers and performers instead of musicians, and
therefore people are freaked by the idea of all female bands w/ guitars or
decks but girl bands and britney clones sell millions.

anyway, rant over...

nessa