Sinister: The Charlie Lines

Kenneth P Y Chu kpc98c at xxx.UK
Sat Jun 10 04:04:02 BST 2000

Hello sinister,

>From 0:00 this morning I'm officially no longer a teenager and is halfway
towards being 40 years old, which is rather scary.  Still it's been a
happy birthday so far (main reason is I had a few to drink)

A girl had just phoned me up earlier about her boy troubles, I managed to
make her feel better which is good, but it's freaky because this is a girl
who I somewhat fancies but not really quite fancy, you know, and as I was
speaking to her I could feel the "wrong girl" lyrics coming on.  Still, the
main objective of consoling her was achieved and I'm happy.

Using the wrong girl to take a sharp turn on the subject in the e-mail then,
I have been reading about a ton of reviews about new b&s album.  I loved all
of the reviews.

Funny though that my love/hate songs are the exact opposite of Mark
Casarottos, but I still think his opinions are better because he
obviously knows much more about music than I do.  I really liked this
new album and I think it's a straight contest between this and tigermilk,
which is still in a fight with sinister so now it's a triple thread match.

I still love Arab Strap though (I have listened to that non-stop last year
in Uni and it's my 1st b&s purchase) but I definitely like the other three
better.

Chalet Line debate:  I don't feel that the song is offensive, because it
was just a story told, and it's not as if Sturan was singing something like
"women are all idiots" or something, which would be offensive, but nothing
there seemed to be "offending", you know?

Suppose it's not the first time b&s wrote about these kind of things either
like in She's losing it with Chelsea who's "been abused" etc.

Also like to say that the intro to Waiting for Moon to rise was probably the
best ever (the bit that goes "woo-woo-woo-woo-woo-woo-woo" with the flute(?)
thing)

I fought in a war almost made me cry, absolutely love it, if people say that
the album is too predictable, then I agree, I predicted that it will be
grate, and it was GRATE.  I've anticipated this day since March, and haven't
regretted it since and it's fulfilled every single droplet of my expectations.

I also think that putting Nice day for a sulk after Chalet Lines is most
genius because I won't be able to take anything else without feeling
absolutely depressed after Charlet Lines apart from Nice Day For A Sulk.

Also I fall in love with the album/EP cover stars far too easily the Icelandic
twins, Sinster girl, Tigermilk girl, Katrina, Isobel, Ahhhh they should
stop putting attractive ladies on their CDs, put more gorillas on instead!!!

Better go now before they make me be a monkey butler!

Sweet dreams and Redbulls
Ken