Sinister: The loneliness of a song with inaudiable lyrics

Mr Smiley smiley at xxx.uk
Sat Jun 10 20:41:35 BST 2000

Boo!

    That got you, no doubt. Anyway, these are the thoughts I had today
(don't comment on their sparseness. I had other thoughts, but I'm not going
to write about the boring ones. Or the dirty ones. Not that I have dirty
thoughts, but as a boy am I not supposed to think about sex every 6 seconds?
Not something I've noticed, I'll be honest).
    A thought. It's nice to see that B&S have been making albums recently
with home tapers in mind. Now that there's finally an even number of B&S
albums I could make a proper tape to go with my Tigermilk/Sinister one. And
fantastically enough, TBWTAS fits *exactly* on one side of a 90. And on the
other side fits FYHCYWLAP and Loneliness... *exactly*. Isn't that nice?
Well, I think it is because my car stereo doesn't have a fast forward or
rewind button.
    A thought. Does a version of Loneliness... exist where it's possible to
hear the words? I must have downloaded it 5 times, and they were all the
same version where it's only possible to appreciate it's wonder through
headphones because the vocals were so quiet. Can anyone drop subtle hints as
to where I might get it? Mail me privately if you do.
    A thought. Every time I post to Sinister I get a message back from a
machine saying that my they haven't received my post because of potentially
offensive contents. Excuse me? Oh yeah, my last post had the word 'arse' in
it. Cover your ears kids! And this one has the word 'sex' in it (and 'arse'
again - twice now). In fact it even happened when my subject line was 'it
was the best thex that she ever had', what does this person have a filter
that can spot naughty words with a lisp?
    A thought. For the last 6 days I've listened to FYHCYWLAP virtually
exclusively. Who would have thought that this pattern would be broken by a
Black Box Recorder album. Also, tomorrow we get to see the album placing,
don't we? Top ten, easily.
    Ok that's enough.

Platonic hugs,
Mike