Sinister: The Wrong Girl (and a request for some Eurpoean friendship)

Lucas Dambergs llat at xxx.com
Mon Jun 12 06:59:42 BST 2000

Isn't it strange how music on one day music can just be music - a few words
set to a nice tune - and the next it can be like a personal message being
beamed directly into your soul?  I picked up the new album around the same
time that I began to realize that the relationship I was in wasn't going to
work out.  I still like her, and she still likes me, but we had different
ideas about where we wanted the relationship to go, so now we're just going
to try to be friends.  Anyway, the first time I listend to FYHCYWLAP it just
sounded like music to me, but since then it's taken on much greater meaning.
  It's become much more personal.  I know that they aren't really singing
about me and my situation, but it's really easy to imagine that they are.
And it's nice to have someone around who understands, even if they're only
on a CD.  Oh, and if you've just broken up with someone, I really don't
reccomend listening to Diana Ross albums.  Oooh, they can be brutal.

In other news, I just found out I got a new job which starts at the
beginning of July, so I've decided to go to Europe between now and then to
celebrate the remainder of my free time.  I've never been outside of North
America before (I live in Halifax, Canada), so I really don't quite know
what to expect.  And I didn't really know where to go, either, so I just got
the cheapest tickets I could for the longest time possible.  So, I'll be
landing in Dusseldorf this coming Thursday (the 15th), and I'm leaving from
Munich on the 30th.  In between I have vague plans to see some of the
following cities: Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Venice, Florence, and
Rome.  I know I'll probably only make it to a few, but I don't know which
ones yet.  I also want to spend some time in the countryside in one or more
of the countries I visit.  So, if you know of any nice places I could go,
especially places off the beaten path (either in the country or the city), I
would really appreciate hearing from you.  Also, if you're interested in
meeting me for coffee, or to show me around, I'd love to meet some more list
members, and get an insider's view of the places I'll be visiting.  If you
want to get in touch with me, send me some private mail (I'll be temporarily
unsubscribing from the list soon, anyway, so that my mailbox doesn't
overflow while I'm away).

Thanks, and I'll see you all again in a couple weeks!

Lucas Dambergs
llat at hotmail.com
Halifax, Nova Scotia, CANADA
"Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain."
                 -Friedrich Schiller, 1759-1805