Sinister: Ooh love is for the broken hearted...

jarkko frantila chamomile1 at xxx.com
Mon Jun 12 08:57:51 BST 2000

MY ALBUMREVIEW

Heard the new album and it's great!!! Here's my "step by step"- review of
it:

*It's My Life*
A good stomping beat on the background. The lyrics are good too, especially
the part where he sings about living. Hearbreaking stuff.

*Say It Isn't So*
Nice Weezer-esque song, a brave attemp, but not that special. Good drums!

*Thank You For Loving Me*
Ballads are what they do best. Nice solo in the middle of the song. It seems
to go on and on and on and on and on.

*Two Story Town*
These boys can RAWK! Production makes this one a definete highlight of the
album.

*Next 100 Years*
A slow song about love, obviously. A grower: first time I heard it I thought
it wasn't that good, but now that I've listened to it more I noticed it's a
big pile of shit.

*Just Older*
Another great ballad about getting older. Usually the line "I get older but
wiser/ my baby's got the blues" sounds a bit daft, but this time you really
can FEEL his agony. Getting old is just something you have to cope with, you
know, and, like, live with.

*Mystery Train*
Love is like a mystery train for some. A ballad, but the lyrics are bound to
cause some conversation. It tells a story about this guy who loves this
girl, and they spend the night together. But the guy's dad doesn't know that
he's spending the night at her place! How can you relate to something like
that?

*Save The World*
A nice ballad. He tells us that whales should be saved and humankind is
heading for destruction. He's so right! I like the lines "We need to save
our world/ we needn't hurt/ any whales/ 'cause they are good/ and hunting
animals is so wrong." Nature is important and a really, really nice thing.

*Captain Crash & The Beauty Queen*
A great story about a guy who is in love with this girl, but they have a
fight and, you know, they are about to break up, but then the guy gives the
girl some roses and, like, it all turns out fine in the end. Once again,
it's the lyrics that save the song: "I'd give you my bed of roses/ 'cause
I'm a cowboy with many steelhorses/ that I ride."

*She's A Mystery*
Women are hard to please, he seems to say. A good ballad about love.

*Got The Girl*
A nice ballad, where he confesses that "I've got the girl". And he even
loves her very much.

*One Wild Night*
This ballad is about this one wild night when he drunk too much beer and
felt a bit dizzy. But then he drank some coffee and felt better. I could
releate to that song sooooo much.

*I Could Make A Living Out Of Lovin*
A great song, where he sings about "being broken hearted", and then he
rhymes that one with "I remember when we just started." Good song!

All in all, I'd give this one 8/10. Its not as good as some of his old
stuff, but a nice album to listen to when you're feelin' good. And my
girlfriend likes it too!

FOOTIE

Oh hell, I'm not going to watch any more football on telly. Why? Here's why:

Belgium- Sweden. Swedes are my favourites. Rats.

Turkey- Italy. I've always hated Italy. They always fall down and then cry.
And the next minute they are running around the field like rabbits. Damn,
they won.

Denmark- France. Denmark= underdogs. Hope they'll do well. Oh hell.

Czech Rebublic- Holland. Well I like the fotball Dutch play, but they have
Edgar Davids and Patrick Kluivert. Two of the most arrogant players in
football at the moment. Cocky arses who bitch and moan all the time. Damn.

What's the point of taking sides in a game when your team always loses?

Btw, I just heard the funniest thing last evening. This guy on Finnish TV
said, when asked what his favourite team is:

"Well I like England, but since they always drop out of the competition
quite early I keep The Dutch as my second choice."

@--->---- Jake Le PetitE