Sinister: etc

nessa nessamalone at xxx.net
Mon Jun 12 18:48:26 BST 2000

> You can even personalize it if you like. My hobbies and interests include,
> but are not limited to:
> 1) loafing
> 2) reading
> 3) record stores
> 4) the color yellow
> 5) thrift stores
> 6) walks
> 7) tea
> I'm sure this makes me ever so unique among my fellow listees :-)

thats kinda funny because mine could be construed as pretty much identical.
*waits for other people to say 'oh yeah me too'* But that makes it cool,
yes?

I've had about 10 cups of tea since my exam finished at 10.30 this morning.
I think I feel the need to purge my urges for tea from now on. Its not good.
the caffiene makes me dizzy. but not as dizzy as the jerry springer/jenny
jones crap I was watching earlier on. Jenny Jones is kind of like a
straightness factory. they take goths and put them in granny clothes. And
the goths say that they like it. I think I'm spending too much time in front
of screens.

the idea of the bloodhound gang + b+s uniting so disturbing. Please don't
nightmare that again. Its just... sick. My only b+s dream was sorta sweet.
It was abotu stuart and karn and I was drawing these cartoons of them doing
stuff together, which didn;'t look much like them but was supposed to be
them in a childish sort of way. Its funny because I'm not a big looper-ite
or anything.

>My second thought is vaguely linked to that: For most listees I imagine
that
>all of B&S' previous releases have some kind of context. They remind people
>of summer/winter/great parties/breaking up with people/being young/falling
>in love/falling down stairs etc etc. I doubt that Fold Your Hands can have
>any context at all for anyone.

some of the songs do like the last 3 but some of them I feel personally
really detached from. Like I fought in a war. I've skipped that over nearly
every time I've put on the cd, even tho it is a good song, I like it but I
like things that I don't feel any *need* to hear or see every day either.
But chickfactor does mean something in context to me. I don't know why so
few people rate tbwtas as being a particularly good album, I think its
fantastic. I listen to it more than I listen to sinister.

c'est tout.

nessa