Sinister: Gigs, Diane Riggs and polyester wigs

Martin Robinson martin at xxx.uk
Wed Jun 14 17:01:24 BST 2000

Alright fluffy animal lovers and even those who like rhinos,

Time for some list abusive self promotion:

I'm great.

No, we all know that isn't true even my mum thinks I'm a tosser though
she says it a bit politer than that. Which probably expains why when I
left the house for a few days and came back all my stuff had been
shifted up into the loft in boxes and the locksmith was there for some
reason too. Ho hum.. Families eh? They're nearly as good as that 80's
soap set in Australia and England with the guitarist from the Mock
Turtles. Imagine the worst bit of Aussie and British soaps with a dash
of Can u Dig It? It was bleedin' unmissable if you ask me.

Anyway my point is for all you Londoners not attending that muddy load
of toilet known as Glastonbury there's a little shindig in that little
sweatbox commonly referred to as the Betsey Trottwood pub in Farringdon,
on Farringdon Road on Friday the 23rd of June. Great bands (The Relict,
White Papers, Jet Johnson & Special Guests!) and great DJ's from top pop
combo's Camera Obscura and Tompaulin all starting from 7.30pm and
carrying on to the unearthly hour of 1am. All for the bargain price of 3
English pounds. What more could you possible ask for on a summer's
night? Email me if you need any more information, or if you want a
coherent reply email mellstreet productions at
mellstreet at btinternet.com. One of the mell street kids will put a flyer
online for you soon with directions and stuff. Bless 'im.

I can though comfirm now that the special guests do not now include a
cover band who sing The Boy Done Wrong Again with a ukelele, who's
encore apparently is to shove said ukelele where the sun don't shine.
Now that's pop as he does it in under 3 and a half minutes, though,
unfortunately, they don't get many encores. I did my best to get them
here but there was a problem getting them working visas. Red tape eh?

If I carry on writing pap it won't be proper list abuse will it, so I'll
finish one day. Oh and if anyone looks to the skies later in central
London I'll be waving on top of that millenium eye thingy. Nice of the
weather to start clouding over darkly just for me so I'll have a fine
view of the best part of bugger all. Ho hum...

Te ra,

Martin

P.S Is wanting a Fifteen-to-One themed party a sign that you really
ought to get out more?