Sinister: I just might die with a smile on my face after all

Vicki Rider vrider at xxx.net
Wed Jun 14 20:36:57 BST 2000

Hi--

Felt depressed for days because my last post was such a crap post, so I hope
this one comes out better.

Listened to FYH on a car trip, now love it dearly. Better at times than
Tigermilk, but it will never break the force of my 90 minute back-to-back
Sinister/Arab Strap combo.
Has anyone else noticed that "Beyond The Sunrise" sounds a bit like The
Moody Blues song "Are You Sitting  Comfortably"? Just me? OK.

I'll end this remarkably short post with a B+S reminisce, so if you get
queasy at such things just skip down to the end.

---> First listening to Sinister at school. I didn't have too many great
friends at the time because it was the beginning of the school year and,
even though I attended the last few months of the previous year, no one
remembered me and anyway thought I was a bit "odd", because I listened to
B+S and The Smiths instead of Third Eye Blind or nothing (oh my god! You'd
be amazed at how many teenagers, when asked what kind of music they listen
to, say "Oh, I don't really like music" or "I only like music you can sing
to. Like, I have only one N'Sync cd, but I'm getting tired of it . . . At
which point my eyes glaze over--I'm sorry, I can't help it!)  Anyway, at
lunch everyday I would sit on these cheesy metal bleachers and eat my lunch,
looking out at the field with it's patchy sun-baked brown grass and, past
that, the major road where cars would whizz by and honk at the poor PE
students running their lap. I would occasionaly bring my walkman with me,
and, on this particular day, I had Sinister in. The title track came on,
with the sound bite of children playing in the background, and suddenly I
felt marvellously happy. There was nothing I would rather be doing than
this.

Ciao! (in the most Eddie Izzard-sense of the word)
Rachel W.

Ah! Two things:
Has anyone listened to The Rollerskate Skinny album "Horsedrawn Wishes"?
Highly recommended to anyone who hasn't.
and..
Due to much confusion, "Vicki Rider" is simply my mom's name (the account's
in her name)--my name is Rachel Walther (as in the gun James Bond uses--I
think my family has some heritage going back to the German gunmaker but you
never know . . .).

"If the Velvet Underground were an ice cream flavor, what would it be?"
Andy Warhol: "Ahh, white."