Sinister: All trousers, no mouth

stevie troussé poetryplace2 at xxx.uk
Thu Jun 15 13:21:11 BST 2000

Mes braves, mes braves

It's been a long time. Too long. The last time I posted to sinister
sabre-toothed tigers roamed freely, England had left-sided footballers and
Northy was still on the list. Ah.... happy days. It was all green fields
round here, you know, not like the sinister megalopolis of today. All we had
were a few lame jokes about lemurs, the duke's lecturers on P!O!O!P and a
hot toddy from old Mrs Murdoch to keep us going through the harsh winters...

And lately, you know, I feel I've lost that extra yard of pace. The touch
has gone. Once upon a time I could look down from the lofty heights of the
crush list on my comrades below; now I languish lonely and unloved in a
hellish nether-zone, like some Preston North-End of the list's affections.
And frankly, I would rather fall on my sword in some last gesture of
nobility than suffer the humiliation of turning up at list picnics and
saying "Don't you KNOW who I AM????".

And so this is my way, my friends, of bidding you farewell. I will miss you,
like the deserts miss the rain, like Heskey misses crosses. There will be a
gaping hole in my life, no longer to be filled with details of the revision
schedules of American undergraduates, metrosexual drunken hi-jinks, news
from Thailand or notices from indie nightclubs in Sheffield. I'll manage
somehow...

So to the Fragrant Princess Honey I say: thank you, for having me, miss. To
the rest of you I say: play nice.

And if you're around tomorrow (ie Friday 16th June - which Joyceans will
recognise as Bloomsday) come along and help me celebrate my last day at the
Society we call "Poetry" at the PoCaff in Covent Garden from 8pm, where
those lonesome Pinespeople will be singing sweet sad songs of regret, and
some bunged-up 1940s schoolboys called the Clientele will be twangling
heartstrings with no little aplomb. It'll start at 7.30ish. Email me here
for more details (trouserscuts at yahoo.co.uk - which is also my new address if
any of you should be so foolish as to want to keep in touch with me).

I may be some time...

Stevie Trousers
xxx