Sinister: Belle and Sebastian the Unstoppable Sex Machine

Robin Stout ppyrrjs at xxx.uk
Thu Jun 15 16:43:49 BST 2000

Bonjourno

     I had a dream last night, that Belle and Sebastian were on telly,
playing a song with Jim Bob from Carter USM. I can't remember how
it went, but I remember that there was a man at the back, who kept
blowing a whistle and saying things, Parklife style. He wore big
trousers. I thought it was a rather good song. Then Stuart's arms
turned to bacon and he was eaten by the dog.

     That interview with Stuart was interesting because it revealed a
bit about how he thinks. I remember when Pulp released This Is
Hardcore, and me and my friend couldn't understand how Jarvis
could write an ace song like Dishes, then write a song like Glory
Days, without noticing it was a bit crap. So it's nice to know that
Stuart's critical of his songs. It's a good way to be. I just hope he
doesn't listen to the ramblings of the slightly bonkers and
frighteningly named Sinister List organisation. Nutters.

     I also like the way the group likes to do things in its own flighty,
boho way. Hmmm...

Robin.