Sinister: I Want To Hear Songs About Mad's Max

David Moore Daf_Moore at xxx.com
Thu Jun 15 17:40:39 BST 2000

Hi Sin Sisters,

So the new album's pants, B&S have gone to the dogs, & Sinister's not like
it used to be in the good old days. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Scores on the Moore's simple do-I-like-the-songs? meter

Tigermilk	6/10

IYFS		6/10

TBWTAS	5/12

FELCHYLAP*	7/11

I think the "problem", if there actually is one, lies with the single :)

I was really staggered to see Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying top the
recent Sinister B&S song poll. My affection for songs is driven by the music
first, then the delivery of the lyrics, & then the words maybe get a look in
after that. GMAFH,ID sounds like Stuart was in a tearing hurry to finish the
vocal take and get off down the pub or go for a bag of chips. Similar
bafflement was evoked by I Don't Love Anyone appearing in the "least
favourite" part of the chart. What's going on there, then? I fail to see
anyone not being impressed with the emotional truth of the performance.
Perhaps my opinion is influenced by having seen a live performance from
close up. Or maybe I'm a just greybeard who can still remember Blind Faith.

Why no reports of the Embra picnic? How was it? I hope everyone had fine
weather & a great time, especially those borne there on the Wings Of Love.

I know I'm asking this on the wrong list, apologies, but did anyone get a
good tape of all of the Cinerama performance on John Peel last night? My
attempt was unsuccessful :((  I have lots of gooOoodies to swap for

Who's Hubert Selby?

Love,

David Moore
Chelmsford, UK

*Sorry, just testing the sexual sophistication of the SW England school
system censor on Honey's behalf.