Sinister: life should be full of strangeness, like a rich painting

ian nicolson imn_uk at xxx.uk
Thu Jun 15 21:16:29 BST 2000

there seems to have been something of a dearth of
messages lately.  maybe everyone's out enjoying the
sun, or actually doing interesting and exciting stuff.
god, we can't have that...or maybe it's just that i'm
checking my mail more regularly now that i've finished
college (*forever!*) and have nothing else to do,
rather than leaving it for two weeks and trying to get
through two hundred in one go.

so, are any other proud bus pass carriers somewhat
perturbed by stuart's new car?  is it just me who
thinks that car drivers are intrinsically evil?  maybe
we should round up a gang of young hyndland thugs
(this is irony) to scratch max's sides with coins.  he
does have leather seats mind...how morrissey.  but i
hope it doesn't mean we'll be subjected to a glut of
chris rea/brian may type songs about being in love
with a car, or indeed, 'cruisin' down the 'highway'.
maybe the b+s movie could be a road movie, though.  a
kinda remake of vanishing point, set on the m8...how
existential.  i'd be willing to play either the dj or
the nakey girlie on the motorbike...

there was a guy called 'fatty' playing football for
turkey tonight.  i was hoping it might be the boy from
the bash street kids...a bit unlikely, i guess
...cartoon characters rarely get the international
recognition they deserve.  i don't think he was even
turkish anyway.

message to all wages slaves (or indeed anyone who
actually has to leave the house in the morning to do
*anything*) - i spent today sitting in the sun, doing
nothing.  i intend to do the same tomorrow.  i don't
have any money to do anything else, true, but it's
quite fun just now.

enjoy work

ian n