Sinister: Yesterday Was Dramatic - Today Is Ok

David Moore Daf_Moore at xxx.com
Sun Jun 18 17:28:20 BST 2000

Hi Gauche Ones,

Mr Miller, I'd like to second that emotion. The list without Trousers is
just pants. I also guess that Friday's was the last Sinicentric event down
the Pocaff: an event tinged with sadness but not lacking comic moments. I
hope that the everso slightly squiffy Stevie T made it home OK.

Nick (BTW, terrific make-up job in those LineOne ads) said:

"David was funny with his like/don't like ratios for all the albums.  I
can't
imagine not liking that many songs of my favourite band.   I like 8/11 songs
on
the new one but to me that's a pretty poor return.  I don't like having to
sit
tight and take the clunks or use the skip button."

Liking even 60% of an album is pretty good for me nowadays. In the last
couple of years the only records I can remember liking ALL of are Va Va Voom
& The Great Eastern. Some of my favourite artists have whole decades during
which they only released a few good songs. There's only one good one on the
new Neil Young, for example. Can't take the clunkers? Just tape the ones you
DO like. I still reckon Belle and Sebastian are doing fine - my record
collection contains very few second albums, let alone third or fourth ones.

I too will never be able to watch EastEnders in the same light again: how
far in advance do they record it? Just whose territorial pissings is Wellard
sniffing in that little park in the middle of Albert Square?

Rrrespect to DJ Fatslug & the Basingstoke massive for the Splatney Paws
track. Can we have a Red Catsuit Mix next, please?

I hope next week is as good as the last: we got to see Cinerama, Mary Lorson
& The (augmented) Pines play good gigs. Nice.

Farewell, Farewell,

David Moore
Chelmsford, UK