Sinister: Repitition, electricians, and Mr Tickle's exceedingly long arms

Martin Robinson martin at xxx.uk
Tue Jun 20 16:56:14 BST 2000

Dear boys and girls,

Hope you're all well, even that evil chimp character I keep hearing
about. Cheeky, cheeky monkey. Actually I saw that Jo Beezley in my local
sandwich shop the other day, my my he nearly bought the whole shop up he
did. And he used the term crusty bread which is a common expression so I
looked down on him as only insecure members of the middle classes can.
Caught between the trappings and envy of wealth whilst looking over over
shoulder as the working man snaps at their heels. What am I on about? It
must be the hot weather, or maybe I'm just an arse...

Anyway, for all those London people with bugger all to do on Friday
night there is an online flyer up now for the little shindig going down
at the Betsey Trottwood at:

http://www.premonition.co.uk/mell

I won't repeat myself anymore, but there's bands from the likes of
Austin, Texas USA, Glasgow, Scotland, and North London, England. So if
they can make it so can you. Oh and I know it was a badly kept secret
anyway but the special guests are indeed the wonderful Camera Obscura so
get yourself down there for tip top non-stop pop. Or something. And
apparently they'll even be complimentary digestive biscuits for the
early birds, which will make a pleasant change from early worms won't
it?

Anyway, I had a lovely penguiny birthday yesterday, thanks for asking,
watching the wonderful Tompaulin. I played table football, got
exceedingly drunk and bought a Baxendale fanzine. I think the last two
things could well be related. Anyway I intended to be as brief as a
thong so I'm off to see a man about a jiffy bag.

Te ra,

Martin