Sinister: If there's something inside that you want to say

Genevieve Wesley pookie59 at xxx.com
Tue Jun 20 18:05:08 BST 2000

My Fuzzy Peaches,

Fold Your Arms Across Your Chest Girl,When You Run Down The Stairs

Have you all been done to death with reviews for the album? Well here's
another one! My own! Nahhh.I won't go into great detail.I find a lot of
these reviews from big magazines and newspapers really funny, you lot have
been keeping secrets from me: I didn't realise you met up in coffee shops to
analyze the Struan's lyrics...I'm always the last to know.I don't think The
Chalet Lines is a cliche at all.Those horrible made-for-tv specials with
Jennie Garth as the cheerleader are cliche,but I find Stuart's tone very
very true...my favourite song definitley is There's Too Much Love,when the
piano goes da da da..it gives me funny images of Stuart dancing as well,kind
of waving his arms down by his side,and sliding his legs out one in front of
the other,I hope they do a video of this! There's always one song on a Belle
and Sebastian record,that for some reason or other,takes control of mind and
makes me do a little dance to special part of it,its like I have no
control,over how I move,but when I hear the special part,I HAVE TO DO THE
MOVEMENT.I have it in Judy & The Dream Of Horses,really bad,and now its this
silly leg/arm slide for There's Too Much Love. I always wonder why they
don't have a video of Expectations,how perfect is the material...it's all
right there,it could be great!

Songs & Lyrics: I was enjoying the discussion a little while ago about what
part hits people first..if they listen to the music as a whole,or just let
the music in itself hit them first.Some of Stuart's songs,the lyrics could
be changed into something else,but certain ones,like Expectations,just seems
MADE for the music that surrounds it,it just...flows,you know? and I
couldn't ever imagine anything else around it.I always have favourite little
nibbles of the songs that I like best such as: 'A Spooky witch in a sexthy
dress' and,well,I can't think of others right now,but there are loads.But on
the earlier albums,the lyrics seem to just come naturally into Struan's
head,like they are just made for that particular musical arrangement,and
thats how I like it best,instead of really focused lyrics that try and knock
you over with sadness,or whatever,I like the ones with the unintentional
sadness in them. Watch now,there will be an interview with Stuart saying
'Yeah,I wasn't happy with the lyrics on the first albums because they were
so concentrated,where as with the new album,it's more natural and carefree'
and then I will look like a big idiot.I don't know how to describe these
type of things..Sound & Scope...Sound and Scope..yes that's it.

I watched the Legal Man video (Yes!Only a few weeks behind everyone else!)
Well,I think I did,at least.It was a bit hard to make out.Same with the
Wrong Girl video..the most I got from it was I think Stevie on the
ground,getting a punk beating from  bunch of boys.Ha ha ha.Oh,and Canadian
Listees,MuchMusic was giving away B&S prize packs,but you had to be a Much
AXS member to win them,and I'm not,so that sucked.Stuart and his Max is very
sexy indeed, leather interior to boot! My heavens,is he trying to do me in
on purpose? Although I always imagined him as secretly a Shelby cobra type
of man...racing down a scenic highway,scarve wrapped around head,big
sunglasses...purrrrrrrfect...

What is a monkey butler? I don't get the joke!

Oh and a BIG GROUP HUG to those lovely poetry sorts who sorted me out on
troachic triamter.I was required to do only one poem,but I got too excited
and did too and I received not only a very nice 100 percent on the poems but
a lovely loopy red scrawl 'these are excellent' by my english teacher which
did not go unnoticed by my silent adoration.

Ok,now I'm just rambling.School is out,but in an anti-climax fashion,as my
very last exam,I MISSED because I thought it was at 1:00.So I can't bask in
the glow that I wanted to bask in.Also,I have to make 1000 dollars in 2
months as my only goal in life is to see YOU ALL on the football field,
GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS you'll all be out on the field this picnic coming
up,now,won't you!

I agree, no Trousers is pants indeed. :( Quick- we need the old list crush
system back again where it was all based on lust & Trousers was king,then
he'll come back.

kisses,
Genevieve

p.s
Stuart's girl Lisa is in so many songs now..I want Judy back in some songs!
She was always my favourite..Lazy Jane too.