Sinister: Beaches, a silly little story, London picnic... and the perfect friend...

Joey . showmemagic at xxx.com
Tue Jun 20 22:54:45 BST 2000

Hello everybody :)

I hope that you are all doing well, and that this heat is not too much for
you. Before you know it it will be autumn again... :))))

I don't want to bore any of you, but I have a little story. And its not a
dream, which makes it even cooler!! (I was a little disturbed by the Terry
Wogan dream, but, hey ho... Not as disturbed as the owner of it no doubt...
;)

One night in April I was on a beach in the middle of the night. It was
freezing cold but everything was ok. We were wrapped up all snug in duffle
coats and such. Everyone was in a happy frame of mind. I only knew one other
person there, although it was not frightening at all, as everyone was
pleasant. We all shuffled closer in an attempt to keep warm and sheltered
from the cold sea breeze. The fire was smoky but the heat welcome. In front
of us was the sea, so black, and reaching out beyond the horizon. To the
right was a power station of some description.

Then something really good happened. I started talking to a boy. I think we
were admiring each others scarfs. We had a race to the water, and talked for
a few hours. We stayed up and watched the sun rise. But then it was time to
go home. Our rooms had to be packed away. :(

I said I would go and see him before I left, but the time I got to were he
was staying it was too late. He was gone. There were two people there who i
didn't know, and they said he was putting away the keys. He had gone. I was
very sad. I wanted to see him again very much.

When we were on the beach I had given the boy my address. He said that he
would post me some stickers you see. To stick to my things. He had already
given me one which is still on my keyring. It is a picture of Sebastian
riding a bicycle.

Although the boy had gone, all was not not lost. As when I gave him my
address, I had also given him my email address. About a month later what
turned up in my inbox... Yes!! Hurray! A letter from Oliver. He was back at
University and had access to a computer!

After a few more letters we spoke to each other on the telephone. He is just
how I remembered. :)

This is fantastic for me, as I liked him very very much. I have never before
had a real friend who really really likes Belle and Sebastian too. It makes
me happy to speak to him. He makes me smile. :) He also likes the same silly
stuff as me, like Biology. He is kind of what my image of the perfect friend
would be, if i had an image. Yes, that would be Oliver.

So the point of this email...

We are going to meet up soon, Oliver and me. And I think that we will come
to the London Picnic, if that is ok with everyone. :)

So if you see a small auburn haired boy, and a very very smiley and happy
and smiley brown haired girl sitting together, that will be us. Come and say
hello.

I hope our second meeting will be as perfect as our first, but with you lot
for company, I don't suppose it could possibly be anything but. :)))

Take Care of yourselves everyone.

Good Luck to all those with a horrid Chemistry A Level tomorrow, like my
friend Emma.

Try to smile even though the weather is too hot. ;)

Lots of Love,
Jo