Sinister: A request (WARNING: no content)

Sam Walton samwaltonyeah at xxx.com
Wed Jun 21 16:18:30 BST 2000

Hi there all,

I’m afraid that this post has nothing to do with the lovely B&S, so if you
don’t want to see list abuse, please delete now.

This post is actually to ask for the list’s help. It’s nothing nearly as
serious as recent requests for the list’s help, but only me wanting advice
on a particular record. I’m a giant Pulp fan. I mean HUGE, and I always look
out for rare Pulp stuff whenever I’m out and about. This afternoon, I was
sifting through the back of some 7 inches at my local store, and came across
Pulp’s first ever single, from 1981, called My Lighthouse.

My god have I been looking for this for a long time.

It was on the original record label that Pulp were on for the first few
years, Red Rhino, and the packaging was in pretty good condition. The vinyl
was in tip-top condition, I listened to it in the shop and everything was in
order. When I asked how much it was, the guy said, “Thirty quid mate”, and I
fell over. Well that bit’s a lie, but I was a bit surprised to say the
least. I said I’d think about it, and get back to him.

I figure from the 1400 odd of us there must be a few really knowledgeable
record buffs, who know exactly what they’re talking about when it comes to
rare vinyl. I wonder if any of them could mail me privately
(samwaltonyeah at hotmail.com) and give me some advice. It’s not that I’m
skint, I can afford the record, but I don’t want to spend £30 on something
that is only worth a fiver. Please help.

Thanks very much,

Love,

Sam.x

"and at the end of the day, it goes dark" - Gary Lineker, shortly after
England's departure from Euro 2000