Sinister: cool simpsons toys and other stuff

Lawrence Mikkelsen mikelsen at xxx.nz
Tue Jun 27 10:07:17 BST 2000

bad form to talk about the list on the list, I know, but it is DEAD here at
the moment. My life has been so dull lately, but surely every single can't
be going through the same dull patch?? (surely?) I think the post-new album
euphoria must have kicked in. So much anticipation ..... and now, that's
probably it for the next 18 months to 2 years, dare I say it?
(sigh)

I've been listeneing to the new Lambchop album a lot lately .... :"Nixon" is
its name, and I was very surprised at how good it is. i was expecting
something quite country-ish, and ... well .... it's very soul influenced.
Curt Wagner sings in this amazing falsetto for a lot of the songs. Oh, and a
MASSIVE Bowie revival here in my room. Great stuff .....

I'm thinking about sending Isobel an Orange Juice t-shirt I made. Anyone
ever sent stuff to members of the band? Did they reply. I'm almost too
scared too, just because, even though I know I shouldn't expect famous
people to reply to my letters, at the same time i would be a wee bit
disappointed if they didn't. (sigh ... again)

The new B&S album isn't being released here locally, so anyone interested
will have to shell out for an incredibly expensive import copy, so I can't
see them gaining any more fans here .... record companies, why are so so
unimaginative??

Burger King here is selling cool Simpsons toys with Kids meals. So I am
eating there every week for the next 5 weeks to collect the set of ten. How
sad .....

Well, dull post from me, but there hasn't been to much to say in my life.
Just wanted to break the silence really.

take care, y'all

Lawrence Mikkelsen
http://www.akn.quik.co.nz/mikelsen/aboutme