Sinister: The Virgin France Suicides

Peter Miller pjmiller at xxx.es
Thu Jun 29 13:40:35 BST 2000

Ironically, I've only ever heard one example of Baxendale's neo-nancy pop
mastery, the sublimely unironic "Music for Girls". It's not that bad really.
It reminds me of Warrander John's nightmare vision of the future, in which
"the next album you buy may have William Hague on lead vocals". I was just
being ironic when I called them Poxendale, I'm sure they're really good
really. Although I have no intention of finding out. I prefer The Pinez. And
The Vizitorz.

Although there are still almost 1500 people on the list, it has indeed gone
a bit quiet. I've been reduced to scouring the Guardian website for things
by Nick Dastoor. There are three, one of which contains the phrase "totty
good at totting up". I've also read three Duke of Harringay articles, two of
which referred to his alleged boringness. They weren't boring articles
though.

No one seems to know what happened between B&S and Virgin France, is it a
secret? Is Madame Cecile Aubrey involved? My guess is that sombody moved
their cheese. Jaques Chirac isn't going to be watching V-Twin, is he? My
French is bad, but I got the impression he was going to be grooving to
something a bit posher, the old fruit.

Welcome to the list, Magda.

Peter