Sinister: i'd rather jacques

Miss Cressida Jane Darwin cdarwin at xxx.uk
Thu Jun 29 20:17:28 BST 2000

glastonbury, then.

it was nice to meet sinister people. they were ALL lovely.
yes, every last one. and of course i greatly admired
lixi's inflatable grasshopper with its words of wisdom and
ian's rumour-mongering skills. apparently, burt bacharach
cancelled because he lost both his legs in a freak accident
and he now can't bear to sing such classics as "music to
watch girls by" without breaking into sobs because "well, i
can't do anything else now, can i?" poor old burt and his
libido.

it sounds like i had a similar weekend to heather, as my
partners in crime on this trip were all herbal medicine
students and hippies or soul girls, bless them, and rather
long periods were spent at the jazz stage. sometimes this
was good, as in (possibly the best band of the
weekend) Ladysmith Black Mambazo (really).
however, sometimes this was bad, for example by the time
i met up with sinister people on friday, all i had seen
were two contemporary dance troupes and david lynden hall.
hmm....

badly drawn boy and elliott smith were also very fine. but
i could hardly hear a word of david bowie as i think i was
surrounded by the eastbourne division of his fan club.
"he's still got it, hasn't he. ooh, he looks lovely!" oh,
and indeed dear. *and* they were vicious elbow dancers. oof!

still, the jazz stage has given me a renewed interest in
all my stevie wonder records and fabulous they are indeed.
"jamiroquai" should bury himself alive for shame.

ahhh, beginning to wander, so i'll just let those of you
that don't know, that jacques (aka jack) is playing borders
(london) gratis on friday evening. oh, yes they may charge
ridiculous amounts for their cd's and not even bother with
vinyl , but just now and then they put on someone of
interest. let's just hope he's not doing another spoken
word in welsh. *shudder*

cress
xox

ps WHERE is bonobo?
pps does anyone know anything about hobotalk apart from
the fact that they're supporting the magnetic fields in
july?

Cressida Darwin
c.darwin at sghms.ac.uk
St. Georges Hospital Medical School
Opinions expressed those of the author and not the institution