Sinister: David Gray's one for the kids!

Magda Boom magdaboom at xxx.com
Thu Jun 29 17:28:05 BST 2000

Hi again bedwetters,

It isnt *so* quiet, but a little.

MM said:
>I was trying to work out Magda's comments - I think (if I understand her right ->forgive me if I mis-represent you flower!) that Bax(pox)endale are poppy, witty, >creative, vibrant (add lots of other good adjectives) but not ironic - and that she was >criticizing 20+ people for having to have their pop with added irony and not being >able to simply enjoy it.

Spot on, sonny, but Im sure most people could have worked that out for themselves, no? I shouldnt be so ageist, I know, I just get so sick of that I word. Irony is just so futile, its an excuse people give for liking music they think their peers will frown upon. Its cowardly to hide behind Irony! Im not saying you have to be true, or real, just wipe that clever smirk off your face before I take an iron to it.

You should probably take a knife to mine for stating the obvious. Again.

>I trust that new girl Magda had to spend the requisite time in the >nursery before >being allowed to post - welcome.

Yes, why wouldnt I? You people are weird. Mark says I sound familiar, Im not sure why. Maybe I need to formally introduce myself, my name is Magda Boom, and you dont know me. I like Baxendale and Black Box Recorder and commercial pop music
like Daphne and Celeste and Kylie. I do like Belle and Sebastian, I admit it. I have several major character flaws, but Im pretty cute. I liked it when Mouche referred to us as cats, I thought that was good. Im a bit of a mean cat myself.

Of Baxendale:
>a lot of their songs as I hear them have some pretty dark undercurrents....

Well, as a friend of mine said recently, one does wish, sometimes, that there was a single Edit of I Love the Sound of Dance music or Music for Girls where things didnt go all wrong at the end - a fairy tale with a sting in the tail. The sting in the tail can be so precious, though. Heaven forbid, more real. But dont listen to me, its an established fact Im an intellectual blank, I nearly started crying in Claires accessories yesterday when they followed Daphne and Celestes U.G.L.Y with Coldplay. I had to tell my companion Id got glitter in my eye, for fear of ruining my petulant pop-kid image.

I had been sitting on the edge of the park in Leicester Square on my own, watching a man painted silver pretending to be a robot, the neon Empire Cinema sign flashing like Vegas in the background, while girls with armfuls of shopping bags in brand new trainers walked past, eyes narrow, mouths wide. You see?

Magdas Tip of the Week:
Dont stub a cigarette out onto your credit card when youre drunk, because it will NOT work the next day when youve got a desperate urge to spend your hard earned cash on a style magazine and an overpriced cappuccino.

and to whoever told me that I should BUY Belle and Sebastian records, you've got some nerve and baby that'll never do.

Chow,
Magda Boom

chickclick.com
http://www.chickclick.com