Sinister: Book loving, two-faced, ironic Bez-style dancer

Mr Smiley smiley at xxx.uk
Fri Jun 30 12:57:13 BST 2000

Boo,

    I noticed on that Planet Sound thing on C4 teletext (which means nothing to
non-UK people, and I apologise profusely for this) that some wag said that B&S are
whiny and make just make music for English Lit students who are in love with their
book collection. I was going to get annoyed, because ignorance is not a nice
thing, but then I thought that if I got annoyed I'd look a bit defensive, seeing
as until very recently I was an English Lit student. And I am quite fond of my
book collection. Strictly platonic, you understand.
    Hahar, I had a great time last night. Want to hear about it? Good. I went to
Worksop's pathetic little club, where they were playing Artful Dodger or some
shite, and did my standard Bez/indie dance but with more jumping. For two hours
non-stop. with chemical assitance, of course (ie vodka energy drinks. What, I hope
you didn't think I'd do anything naughty). The result of this was a cardiac arrest
and me sitting typing this acheing. Oh and last night we kept seeing people from
school who I haven't seen for two years. It was great. They'd come and talk to my
friend and I, and we'd be like "oh hi, how are you" and then they'd go away and
we'd be like "what a wanker". I can't condone two-facedness at all, of course.
    Oh, and irony. Pop and irony are great. Irony in itself is great. In fact, I
can't remember the last time I made a statement with any trace of honesty in it at
all. This is why I have no friends. And I still listen to The Great Escape.

Platonic hugs, then
Mikey
ICQ: 73775341
Email: smiley at rebelmonkey.freeserve.co.uk