Sinister: me again

amy_jackson0 amy_jackson0 at xxx.uk
Fri Jun 30 18:35:10 BST 2000

hi again...

yeh, i know, i only posted a couple of days ago....

but y'know how it is, you get an idea into your head and *BOOM*  you've
gotta go with it....

so i'm back.  again.

well, a lot has been going on in Land of Amy recently.  I got offered a
place at Glasgow Uni, to do english and sociology (i think) this
year.....only i've gotta get 4 grade B's in my Highers......aah well, too
late to change my exam papers now, just gotta go with what i did on exam day
and hope for the best.
i start my summer job on monday, which will be okay cos i basically get paid
for doing nothing.  it's in a wee gift shop nest to my house, that hardly
anyone goes into, so i think what i'll do is take in all the b&s albums on
cassette and put them on all day everyday and see if anyone recognises any
of the songs.  sort a b&s fan-spotting, if you will......humour me okay,
work is slow and i need to keep my brain occupied!  and i get to give wrong
directions to the oh so annoying tourists who only come into the shops to
ask where the supermarket is.  many times i have been tempted to scream "FOR
GOD'S SAKE, THIS IS A TINY VILLAGE IN THE OH SO BACKWARD HIGHLANDS OF
SCOTLAND WITH A POPULATION OF JUST OVER 1000, THERE IS NO BLUDDY
SUPERMARKET!  GO TO INVERNESS!!!"  (which is 85 miles away, fact fans....)
sorry, i don't like giving or asking for directions....

what else has been going on?  erm........ well, my mam got a new job, which
is good, so tomorrow morning we're going to inverness at 7am (eek!) to shop,
and i have to buy a birthday present and something to wear for t in the park
and possibly the geometrid by looper.......if i can afford it......

gotta say, magda boom sounds cool, can i be your friend?!

going out to a 70's night at the pub with my friend Ginger Elaine
tonight....(btw, Ginger is a term of endearment where she's concerned, so
don't all email me saying i'm being "gingeist" or something...)  should be
fun, considering neither of us were even a twinkle in our parents eyes in
the 70's....i haven't spoken to her for a while, and i'm sure she has a lot
of gossip from school and stuff for me.  i, on the other hand, have no
gossip.  humph

have started cooking.  this is not normal, cos i don't normally go in for
the whole domestic scene, but recently i've started to cook.  a lot.  like
pancakes, soup, spaghetti bolognaise and my own personal masterpiece-
strawberry cheesecake. yum.  next thing i'll be hoovering and dusting and
~grimaces~ doing the washing up....  :o(  mam says it's cos i know that i'm
leaving home, so my brain is telling me to get domesticated.  i say it's cos
i've got nothing else better to do.  ho hum.

jenowl has been very quiet lately....must say, the noddy t shirt sounds like
a piece of class.  wish i'd thought of it myself actually.

oh yeh, content..... saw on brookside the other night that Calum "Evil
Pantomime Dame" Finnegan was shot dead.  pray, a minutes silence for the man
who mentioned b&s on brookside...

~pauses~

that'll do then.

righty, i'm off,

amy xxx

Mr Burns  "I suggest you leave immediately."
Homer J Simpson  "Or what?
                               You'll set the dogs on me?
                               Or the bees?
                               Or the dogs with bees in their mouths
                               that when they bark they shoot bees at you?!"