Sinister: of drum machines and cellular phones

alix campbell lixibell at xxx.com
Fri Jun 30 23:43:47 BST 2000

yeh, hello

i'll get glastonbury out of the way first. the music was mostly shit. david
bowie has a girl's haircut. i mean, like a fucking blow dry nightmare.
david, what were you thinking? elliot smith didn't move me either. he was
one of the 'they might be good' people whom i tend to ration so that i can
discover them when i feel the need to. this may be a slightly anal tendency.
anyway, turns out he's not all that. damn shame. st. etienne made the sun
come out, and were lovely. i have never been so pleased to see anyone as i
was to see sarah cracknell. i was determined to enjoy the flaming lips,
mainly because of an american girl next to me who kept telling me how rad
they would be. i admired her enthusiasm, and the F.Lips were lovely anyway.
fake blood a-go-go. oddly, i enjoyed the pet shop boys a whole truck load.
it reminded me of the rollerdisco when i was little.

it was nice to meet other sinister fools at glastonbury. i apologise if i
smelled, but you probabaly did too.
the grasshoppa is still with me, despite paul's many attempts to kidnap the
poor thing. i do worry about mentioning it, as it's just a slightly very
obscure reference. but believe me, its more interesting not knowing. i make
friends with liars because although i know they don't tell me the truth,
they tell more interesting tales. as long as i know that it might not be
true.

well, where was i? yes, glastonbury. truth told, i didnt have much fun,
mainly for my own reasons, but also because i'd mistakenly thought i could
cope without proper facilities. and i'm basically a grumpy old cow.

i'm not sure why i began writing this. i think i should finish. i have to
get up again in six and a half hours. there's drag queens coming round my
house tomorrow, and i've decided to start writing my life story. get it out
of the way as soon as possible.

love lixi