Sinister: what is a jaffa cake?

keith mclachlan keythkeyth at xxx.net
Wed Mar 1 03:14:07 GMT 2000

i've just been wondering what makes a jaffa cake?  the bird nest roys have
their wonderful song jaffa boy but the recipe is not within the lyrics as far
as i can tell, only just yearnings for relationships with 'little boys with
orange lips and chocolate on their minds'.

i was politely corrected when i bashed anne-mari for her horrible faux-soul
vocals on that picture centre record, but then there is someone named
anne-mari who is credited with the vocals in the liner notes.  it must be an
elaborate hoax.  thankfully i was able to listen before i bought it so i was
not taken.  i still like that trembling blue bob sings all of the songs on the
new album(which is wonderful).

my mother just emailed me, how odd to reply to my mom with the hope that she
will not critique my poor grammar and my inability to use capital letters.

  anyone else watch the beach boys show from the last two evenings?  i was
trying to figure out whose point of view it was told from?  mike love was made
out to be a bit of a hero i thought and he seems the one most likely to cash
in on the beach boys brand name.  made me wonder why my girlfriend won't buy
me that copy of 'smile' at the local record store, also made me wonder if
there will ever be any bands again with such an abundance of voices and
talent?  most bands today have nary a singer among them let alone four.  i
miss vocal harmonies.  maybe i will need to become a backstreet fan.

keith m

anyone else think this will be the last belle and sebastian lp?
ps-is van dyke parks really such a twat?