Sinister: what is a jaffa cake?

Walkn10 at xxx.com Walkn10 at xxx.com
Wed Mar 1 03:56:54 GMT 2000

In a message dated 2/29/00 10:24:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
keythkeyth at netscape.net writes:

<< anyone else watch the beach boys show from the last two evenings?  >>

Oi Vey!  For those who don't know, the Beach Boys are the end-all-be-all of
music for me.  The only band who can top B&S in my book.  With this in mind,
yes I trudged through the mini-series for the past two nights hoping to have
my mind changed with regard to TV movies (i.e.- I fucking hate them).
All in all, I thought it started out pretty spot-on and then turned a bit
crap.  The one scene that totally made my skin crawl was were the boys were
doing the vocals to "Wouldn't Be Nice" and, as usual, Mike and Brian were
going at it.  Mike said Pet Sounds was "worthless ego music" when Carl steps
in and, with perfectly stomach-turning drama, sighs "Michael, what does that
matter when you have music like THIS?" as he motions to the headset playing
the FINISHED vocals of WIBN, "How can you hear music like this and not want
to be a part of it?"  Other than that scene I found it pretty decent.  I
thought the guy who played Murry Wilson was pretty ace, and the scene where
the boys' mom chews him out for selling the songs was GRATE (as everyone
seems to be spelling).  I watched the Brian Wilson Biography on A&E a few
days before the TV movie and I just found it hilarious how they took scenes
and memories straight out of that special and put them in the movie.  It
insured historical accuracy and probably kept alot of unnecessary
tear-jerking out of the mix, but it was just like watching the Biography
twice (except Marilyn is alot hotter in the movie).  You've also got it
backwards, Mike Love is the fucking prick of the group (as anyone on Sinister
will tell you).  He sued Brian for $5 million dollars last year, he tours
under the Beach Boys tag by himself, plus he bragged to everyone how he was
the one who purposely drove Brian insane.  I hate that fucker and his stupid
hats.
Keith- if I were you, I'd save my money on "Smiley Smile" and try to pick up
the "Good Vibrations" box set. Its so amazing!  5 discs, and the 5th disc is
nothing but tracks of Brian building the songs in the studio, or
stack-o-vocals type stuff where its strictly them singing.  The
stack-o-vocals mix of "California Girls" will send shivers up your spine!
You know, I also think this album "could" be B&S last.  Not because of any
rumor I've heard, but as taxing as its become to make this album, plus Stuart
D's departure, it would seem to make it likely.  I hope its not, thats for
sure.
I have to write a college essay as though it were a personal journal entry
for September 20, 2030.  This is so lame I could cry.
Love and Cabinessence

Steve C.