Sinister: Fly like a weasel

Laura Llew lleweth at xxx.com
Wed Mar 1 17:57:40 GMT 2000

Oh how I must post! My mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulets of
thought cascading in a waterfall of creative alternatives. Yes, my mind is
just aglow with whirling transient nodes of thought careening through a
cosmic vapor of intervention... That or I'm channeling Mel Brooks again.
Either way the prospect is scary.

So, I had just gotten my sack cloth and ashes ready, and I was preparing
myself for some good ol' fashion repenting. I have been the worst pen pal
EVER. Well, I don't know if pen pal is the right word to use. That always
makes me think of middle age people living in Brussels who write just to
keep up their English and in case they ever visit the states and need a
place to stay. Anyway, I haven't written a couple of people in ages and I
was preparing to plea forgiveness from them. This is when I noticed an
e-mail from a one Lucy Alder which said that she *gasp* was NOT familiar
with "How the Grinch Stole Christmas".  After a period of convulsions and
mourning for poor Juicy Lucy and the depravity which must define her life, I
decided that I would see to it that she would no longer be destined to roam
life's corridors without the joy and harmony which this Dr. Seuss classic
provides. Then, I realized that I actually had never seen this in book form
-- only in the movie special which comes every year when we roll the old
Yuletide log out (and hope that it doesn't slip from the fire and burn the
house down while we writhe on the floor because of the violent stomach
cramps brought on by Christmas's traditional mix of good food & seasonal
happiness). Does anyone have a copy of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" left
over from their childhood? Has anyone ever seen a copy of this book? Am I
just giving people ideas for Ebay? Anyway, I checked my handy Books In Print
which I have on cd now (which sure beats those huge books I used to have to
lug out every time someone wanted to order a book at the store) and found a
copy of it so at least it's still in print. *whew*  Once Geisel's books stop
being in print I know that it's time for me to retreat from society.

Speaking of retreats, this Sinister Village seems to be coming along quite
nicely. Massive Massive props to Simon for offering to take Sim-Sinister
Cyber. However, I was disappointed when no one inquired about wanting a job
with me in the bookshop. I've decided to take the initiative and seek people
out personally to come work with me. Well, I say 'work' very loosely since
my motto has always been that 'work is fine for killing time but it's a
shaky way to earn a living.' Plus, hard work never killed anyone who didn't
do it.  So, I'm soliciting people to come and hang out with me in the
bookshop under the term of employee. It should be grand fun! (Honey, you're
always welcome to just come in and sit in one of the soft comfy chairs. I'll
teach you how to crochet and you can be the shop's resident Crocheting
Cute.)  Since my personal e-mail endeavors have failed lately, I'll just ask
via this post. It's just a tentative list and if anyone else wants to join
in on the fun -- do let me know. So far, I would love if the following would
come & be residents of the book shop: Jim 'I'm so hip I have trouble seeing
over my pelvis' Gilmer,  Llwelyn 'A rose by any other name still doesn't
have 2 L's', and Colonel 'I hate my name being mentioned at all & prefer to
be unknown. Damn you, Laura Llew' JEB Stuart. The fact that all of these
dark haired, pixies and b&s loving males are witty, intelligent,  and love
books is 'purely' coincidental. *innocently hums*

I've also decided that I want the bookshop right beside the tea shop. I
asked Rob about it and he came up with the lovely idea of having a little
connecting hallway with big glass windows and ceilings that peak out onto
the cobblestone streets on one side and a cute little courtyard on the
other. There'd be tables where people could drink tea and read the
newspapers/books. (That is almost a direct quote from Rob. AKA Pelican303).

Though I do hope that those monkeys just stay out in the fields and aren't
allowed in the shop. Unless, one of them is Gleek the Space Monkey of Wonder
Twins fame. They were part of the "Superfriends" gang. Anyway, their (wonder
twins) powers were activated by touching their fists together. There was one
episode (the only one that I actually remember) where they were tied up
several feet apart and couldn't quite get their fists to touch, so Gleek got
right up between them and put his nose between their fists, and it fit the
gap just perfectly. The Wonder Twins were always transforming into something
that was only indirectly related to what they were trying to do. Like
instead of just turning into two 50-foot dinosaurs and stomping on the bad
guys, they would turn into a flying weasel and a bucket of ice. Anyway, Rob,
if one of those monkeys is Gleek then hook me up!

Oh well, here I've written this pointless post and now have no energy to
e-mail those I really should. I'm sorry.  Lucy, if it's any comfort you can
always stay at my house if you ever come to the US.

Laura

'meeting all of your Laura Llew needs since 1977'

PS - What the hokey are Jaffa Cakes? I saw someone else ask this but I never
saw an answer to the inquiry. I've heard of them before but I've also heard
of people snorting a chain up their nose and then pulling it out their
mouth. It doesn't mean that I've ever tried it.

PPS- Thanks Velocity Girl for inquiring about me. I'm fine even if I am
sniffling because of your pending marriage. I thought we were going to be
single forever together and open up that art bookshop? Now, I hear (through
sinister no less, not even directly from you) that you're ditching me and
being single for a b-o-y. Oh I see how it is. You're such a tease.

*********Laura Llew's Favorite Listee of the Week*****************
This goes out to that lovely listee who I think has the best E-mail address
ever! Yes, I didn't realize it at first since their name (which seems to
change like the weather) is what appears in my in-box. But once I saw the
actual e-mail address I was in love with the name. So mad shouts out to the
trollopinpaisley at fcmail.com who is also known as..................... LJ  Ü