Sinister: love and affection

Solanita74 at xxx.com Solanita74 at xxx.com
Thu Mar 2 04:39:05 GMT 2000

Caroline (lovely name, by the way) wrote:

<<  with lots of love and affection
 caroline
 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

Which has inspired me to write my first post to Sinister!

**warning: all those with an aversion to parochial school and/or early 90s
big-hair pop metal bands may want to exit immediately...this could get ugly.

As I was saying...back during my innocent youth I spent one rather disturbing
semester at an all-girls catholic school. A place where you were not allowed
to wear earrings larger than a quarter, or else you would have a few nuns on
your back. During this semester, a local radio station sponsored a contest in
which high school students were encouraged to fill out index cards with some
slogan of the radio station (can't recall what exactly, something to the
effect of "Live 98.5 - it's great!"). The school that had the most cards
filled out, per student, and turned into the station by a certain day won the
ultimate in prizes: the band Nelson would come and play a concert at their
school! Please don't tell me that I am the only one who has been scarred by
the memory of those two blonde-headed young sons of...um..Ricky Nelson?
Tortured by their smash hit "Love and Affection"??

Well, I couldn't really support the efforts of the many young girls who were
swooning at the thought of meeting Nelson, as the environmental effects of
all those wasted index cards was too much for me to bear. But even without my
support, my school actually won this contest! Sadly, the concert didn't take
place until the following semester and I had already escaped to a galaxy far
far away by then.

Regarding the village: I would like to manage a brothel/stock brokerage. With
the inspiration of someone's recent suggestion of selling the Sinister list
to the highest bidder, I would like to take this one step further and sell
stock in Sinister. With the tremendous economy and high value of Sinister, I
will assure that no one will ever have to do any real work! And of course,
the brothel will be an equal opportunity employer (now accepting
applications).

And that...is certainly enough for one night...take care all.

Carolyn