Sinister: Photo Berry

idle berry idleberry at xxx.com
Thu Mar 2 11:29:41 GMT 2000

Here we are again. Thursday.
And another mail from yours truly! Yay! Jump up and
down and squeal with delight!!

So, I'm hoping (fingers crossed and all that) my mum
is going to remember to record the evening session in
Scotland tonight for me, with the b+s thing thats
apparently gonna be on it. Lets just hope she doesn't
a. record the wrong station (Forth FM!!! HEAVEN
FORBID!)
B. remembers to turn the cassette over rather than get
wrapped up in Eastenders/Animal Hospital/anything
vaguely mumsie on telly.
c. leave it to my little brother to do, cos no doubt
it will go all a bit pete tong then, for sure. not
that I have a lack of faith in my brother, but, um,
ewll, actually I do.

Has anyone read that review of LazyLinePainter Jane
EPs in NME this week? I think Sarah Dempster was
amazingly witty and original to use the word twee in
connection with B+S related things. How brilliant of
her to come up with such a line!! How classic an
observation! I must write that word down in my little
notebook!!
Six out of Ten?
Described some of it as nursey rhymes?
Yup, the lady doesn't obviously love B+S, people.
Which is a shame, because I thought that most of the
songs did merit a far higher rating than she was
prepared to give. Okay, I don't think ALL B+S songs
are wonderous, some are a bit weak for me, but she
failed to observe "Slow Graffiti" and "This is Just a
Modern Rock Song" or even "Lazy Line Painter Jane" and
"Photo Jenny". And while she was busy slagging off the
lyrical content of the B+S songs, she also failed to
comment that it is not merely about lyrics. Its the
combination of the music and the vocals that give B+S
such an incredibly bewitching imagery to the listener.

I think you either love B+S or you just don't.
And Sadly, she seems to have a thing against them. Oh
well. But that doesn't matter, cos the majority of
things she writes are crap anyway.
Paying attention to her is like paying attention to
Margaret Thatcher now. You just shouldn't bother.

And the banks!!! where do they get off thinking that
they can increase charges for using rival cash points?
No wonder Barclays had a profit increase! It could go
up to £4 for each transaction made from a rival
cashpoint! When in reality, it costs no more than
£0.30! Grr! So I think I might change banks, as a
political statement against this. Or rob the banks
instead.

On a more personal note, my flatmate is a twat.
And my land line phone broke the other night.
And I seem to be coming into contact with too many
patronising arsewanking dickhead men.  And theres
nothing I can do about it!! Apart from kick them in
the delicate bits.
And while this would reinstate my position as a girl
who doesn't like to have the piss taken out of her in
inhumane ways/ be patronised/ be pushed around/ be
told "You're wrong and I'm right cos I'm a man and
naturally I'm right because to be wrong would be too
much for me and my precious ego to endure"...etc etc
etc, It would be wrong. Fulfilling yes, for a few
moments. But I have a bolder and bigger picture of
self satisfaction to look at.

So maybe I'll just clean the loo with my flatmates
toothbrush. And not tell. Well, I won't if you won't!
Hes a he, btw.

God, if only something really nasty could happen to
him.
Or something.

But lets face it, what goes around, comes around. And
sooner or later, he will get his comeupance. And that
will be revenge enough. For the mean time, I'm just
gonna have to grin and bear it!

So, bye for now!
Maybe see you in Jeepster chat rooms, cos Sinister
doesn't work for me! Bah!!!

Love, and nice things,

Idleberry

=====