Sinister: happy sini-birfday to ME

stephen hewitt hewits at xxx.uk
Thu Mar 2 12:16:17 GMT 2000

Well kinda, actually it was my anniversary of being on the list a couple of
weeks ago, but i didn't realise and then what with it being the brits this
week and having subscribed the day after the brits *last year* (not that I'm
a glory lover or anything), I was thinking it's spiritually a year since
i've been on the list.

And what a year.....I'll not go on aboot it, you all know where the archives
are, and some of you were even there in person (although i imagine you need
the archives to overcome alcohol-related amnesia, i know i do :)).

Anywayhoo, forwards into the sini-footoor.  The village is coming along fine
i see, although to my mind it should be somewhere slightly warmer than
scotland, somewhere meditteranean and nice and close to the sea, mmmmm, nice
warm weather.

Went for a job interview in Oxford the other day, but didn't get it :(
although mrs carsmilesteve and myself *are* looking to move to oxford once
we've got ourselves jobs, anyone got any spare jobs in the area? go on gizza
job, i could do that.

I'M A BIG DOG WITH A HORN (don't ask)

Jaffa cake: n. (j-affa c-ay-k) biscuit (possibly cake (don't want to get
involved in *that* argument)) consisting of round sponge-like base with
small circle of orangy jelly stuff in the middle and then the top half
covered in chocolate:

http://www.jaffacakes.co.uk/

actually, looking at the above site there isn't a *single picture* of a
jaffa cake on it, so it's probably not a lot of use after all, oh well....

Any of you a little scared or intimidated by the wacky world of #sinister
have no need to worry any longer as your aunt sadie (well linda's aunt
sadie) will look after you.  All you have to do is ask her who people are
and you'll learn a whole world of information (and she knows what teabagging
is).

I might be in glasgow/paisley next weekend cos I'm going to a UNISON
conference, which is nice, but i haven't had any info back on it yet, so i
can't organise anything yet which is a right PAIN IN THE BUM.

**keith watson moment**
I was down the pub in Cheltenham last week and was talking to a girl i know.
The subject turned to b&s and i mentioned the list.  her mouth opened and
closed without any noise coming out, and she said "do you know keith
watson?"  i said "well, y'know kinda, I've looked at his blurry pictures and
stuff" and she said......
duf duf duf dufdufdufdufdufduf*
<to be continued>
**end keith watson moment**

actually when i was in the pub another (very pissed) mate of mine was trying
to convince me that belle & sebastian (yes, the whole band) had played in a
nightclub in manchester three weeks ago.  I told him he was talking
bollocks, he said no, it's true, even the people on the internet didn't
know, i said no, you're talking bollocks, he just staggered off

xoxo

CarsmileSteve

NP (in my head anyway, seeing as how i'm at work) that annoying muse song, i
don't even know the flipping words, i've just got the melody to the chorus
and the plinky plonky keyboard bit going round and round in my heed

*y'know the bit at the end of eastenders, she didn't like do a big drum fill
in the middle of the pub or anything