Sinister: Lest we baguette

stevie troussé poetryplace2 at xxx.uk
Thu Mar 2 13:14:40 GMT 2000

Strange days, friends, strange days.

It all started, as things often do, with the Vengaboys. Their new single, as
I'm sure you don't need me to tell you, is entitled 'Sha-la-la': a poignant
tribute to the beleagured indieschmindie discussion list. Then, not to be
outdone, my old friend Ghostface Killah released an lp called 'Supreme
Clientele' - an account of his meet-up with our favourite bunged-up fifties
schoolboys on their recent jaunt to America. Finally, and best of all, while
searching for rough trade in my local rough trade shop, I find that those
nice Broadcast folk have composed a song for their new ep called
'Papercuts', a whimsical ode to a renowned organ of this parish, shortly to
publish its epochal fourth issue.

Well, I never.

If this wasn't enough, I feel I should admit that after seeing the new Steps
video on Ant and Dec on Saturday, H and his pals have become my very
favourite pop thing of the twenty-first century.

Re: the Sinister commune. In the words of Tim Booth I say: 'Hmmm' to a
village.

Stevie's Cinema Round-up: American Beauty (5/10), The Talented Mr Ripley
(7/10). TTMR scores extra points for a) the character of "Freddie" and b)
Miles-out-of-This-Life playing an arsedamaja.

While I'm here, I thought I would pass on this little statistic by Kevin
Shay, which can be found on America's best website www.mcsweeneys.net

++++++++++++++++++++++++

P E R C E N T A G E S O F   I N T E R N E T   U S E R S  G E N U I N E L Y
E N G A G E D   I N T H E   A C T I O N   I N   C O L U M N   " A " W H I L
E   T Y P I N G
T H E   A B B R E V I A T I O N  I N   C O L U M N   " B " .

laughing out loud   LOL  2%
grinning  <g>  8%
being humble about an opinion  IMHO  .01%
seeking to provide information   FYI  12%
just kidding    JK   21%
being thankful, in advance  TIA  15%
smiling   :-)   4%
winking   ;->   1%
rolling on the floor laughing   ROTFL   .00032%
hoping to talk to you later  TYL     6%
trying to conceive  TTC   77%

I'd like to say hello to all my friends and family and anyone who knows me.

Stevie Troussé