Sinister: Is it wicked not to care about Brooklyn Beckham?

Scott Plagenhoef splag at xxx.net
Thu Mar 2 20:37:50 GMT 2000

hey there popkids.

So, at work, while searching the Lexis®-Nexis® Universe in order to find all
the latest dirt on Liverpool's attempt to unload Brad Freidel -- the Prem's
most expensive cheerleader -- the mind wandered from struggling American
footie players to charming Scottish bands (as it so often does). In the
process of all of this diddlying and dallying, it was discovered that Our
Bel can not only whip up a winsome tune about birds and rivers, but when she
gets a bee in her bonnet she has no choice but to put pen to paper and spout
off to the tabloids as well.

Here are a pair of letters published in the "Dear Jo" column in The Mirror.

>From Jan. 6, 2000:

WHAT happened to Glasgow?
The BBC and ITV showed the millennium celebrations as far away as Tonga, New
Zealand, India and the USA.
Did Glasgow disappear with the millennium bug?
Isobel Campbell, Glasgow

>From Dec. 20, 1999:

I FIND (sic) it appalling that £48,000 should be spent on a designer toy car
for Posh and Becks' nine-month-old baby Brooklyn.
When one thinks of the poverty of the children of around the same age in
Kosovo and other poor countries sleeping hungry in tents in sub-zero
temperatures, it is shocking.
I would think that the obscene parents of this spoiled child should look
beyond their own ridiculously wealthy little world and help other children
who really need it.
Isobel Campbell, Glasgow

As far as media assasins go, she's no Harry Allen, but it's no "Tree
Lullaby" either.

Lexis-Nexis also reveals that:
* Stuart Murdoch was punched in the face in Decemeber by a man named David
Christie, who has teardrops tattoed on his face.
* Richard Colburn is a State Senator in Maryland trying to raise awareness
of shore erosion aling the banks of the Chesepeake.
* Sarah Martin scored 17 points in a convincing 74-31 win for Dayton
Christian (15-1) over Jefferson in Ohio girls high school basketball.
* Stevie Jackson walked off with $2,500 after winning the Lake Oconee bass
fishing contest last month.

Sadly, searches for "Wee Karn," "List Mummy," and "Mick Cooke" came up
empty.

Finally, if anyone could drop me a personal line with any info about a band
called Fonda 500 that would be great. I was told that they were on Salako's
label, but as I understand it, that is a little outfit called Jeepster. Does
anyone anything about these Fonda 500 kids?

slipping back into obscurity,
scott.