Sinister: hello friends and strangers

Joshua Baze bazej at xxx.com
Fri Mar 3 20:20:04 GMT 2000

hi all-

interesting things happening this week.  i'm in my first ever car crash
(just fine, thanks; sore neck/shoulders/back).  and after an extended leave
of absence I've returned to this list.  not that a great many of you would
remember me in the first place.  but it is nice to peek into this little
world again.

for those of you i've missed, it would be good to hear from you again.  for
those of you i don't know, it will be good to hear from you for the first
time.  especially if you live near kansas, which is where i live.

records i'm listening to these days:

*grant lee phillips- ladies' love oracle*:  one of the most beautiful
records I've heard in a long time.  almost lennon-esque, but better.
*the the- nakedself*:  another perfect 10 from matt johnson
*the lucksmiths- staring at the sky*: thanks jamie and jj!
*jeff buckley- live at the bataclan e.p.*:  if you're ever in a record
store and see his on sale for a million dollars, buy it.
*the handsome family- in the air*: their newest one.
*belle and sebastian- the bowlie weekender*" the best b&s boot I've ever
heard.  I found it last weekend.  "new song" is promising...

one last thing:  i'm really embarrassed about my email address.  the
company i work for has the worst name ever, even if it is perfectly
descriptive.  i have a friend who works for "multi-service."  i think they
are both subsidiaries of GloboChem (an inside joke for any other fans of
HBO's Mr. Show...)

back to "work."  be good.

Josh