Sinister: Hello (he said tentatively)...

Sam Walton samwaltonyeah at xxx.com
Sat Mar 4 12:44:34 GMT 2000

Hello everyone!

   This is my first ever post on the list, and as a result I’m ever so
slightly excited about it all.  As with a few others who have recently
popped their Sinister cherry, I feel I should give a very brief description
of myself.  I’m lanky, obsessive, but quite personable most of the time.  I
like art galleries, books, film, and generally running around with a silly
grin on my face doing things that are ‘cultural’. Obviously I like music
too.  My fave bands are B&S, Ben & Jason (any other B&J fans out there?),
the Beta Band, Blur and Pulp.  I also really like the new Eels LP.  I’m
currently listening to IYFS, which contains my favourite B&S songs, GMAFH,ID
and IYFS.

I’ve had a ‘voice’ for about a fortnight now, but I was away for half term,
and then I never had the time during last week to write anything of any
consequence.  That’s not to say that this is groundbreaking stuff or
anything, I just thought I’d better write soon or I’d never get around to it
ever.

A couple of people were enquiring about Fonda 500.  Well a review of their
new LP (entitled ‘8 Track Sound System’) was in the NME about four weeks
ago, and I would put a link up to the review in the nme.com archive, but the
review doesn’t appear to be there.  However, the review was by Sarah
Dempster, the same person who gave the B&S EPs a hard time this week, so she
may not Ms Popular round these parts at the moment.  I’m quite happy to send
anyone a copy of the review, but to save wasting people’s time, it’s
probably better if you just email me personally (samwaltonyeah at hotmail.com)
and ask me.

Erm, I want to say something really interesting and thought provoking, but I
can’t right now. Nevermind, I guess I’ll get into the swing soon.

Love and chocolate-covered confectionary,

Sam x.

P.S. Is there a radio station in the village? If there is can I have a slot?
If not can I start one?