Sinister: i will buy 500 copies of select and wallpaper my room

GardeningAtNight at xxx.com GardeningAtNight at xxx.com
Sat Mar 4 23:49:45 GMT 2000

jen said:
<< Also, Samantha, you owe me a letter :) I look forward to getting real live
 post!  >>

I know, I was just thinking about it actually.  Sorry.  I wrote you one a few
weeks ago but it's much too old to send now.  I promise I will.

jason luther (there are so many jasons) wrote:
<< when i was finished i put on bwtas. but forgot to switch it back over to 33
rpms. i was so excited for a second, i thought i discovered a hidden song
(mind you, i was only fooled for a brief moment, im not *that* out of it).
stewarts voice, sped up, sounds similar to isobels. its weird, try it on 'it
could have been a brilliant career'.>>

Or put on 3..6..9 Seconds of Light at 33 rpm.  Le Pastie is the best if you
like that sort of thing.  I bought a 7" not too long ago that plays at 33 rpm
but for some reason I didn't realize that until a few days ago.  I just
assumed they had chipmunk voices, no joke.  I guess it's just been a long
week.  But the thing is that it sounded much better sped up.  I amuse myself
too easily.

rachel shrieked:
<< ...a rather lovely poster of the wonder that is stuart murdoch himself!
he is standing by the side of a rather dodgy looking car, looking sort of
shyly benevolent (i'm not sure if that's the word i mean, but it rolls of
the tongue nicely), and very very cute indeed. ahhhh. bless that angelic
little face. >>

So our Struan is a pin-up boy now?  It reminds me of when I used to buy Teen
Beat.  Seeing it at the store still makes me cringe, and they shelve it right
next to the music magazines so people always think I'm looking for hunks when
I'm really looking for ugly musicians.  But I'm not saying that he's become a
2-dimensional lust object (at least not 2-dimensional).  But of course
finding a copy of Select is at the top of my list of things to do.

another sam (not me) wrote:
<< Is there a radio station in the village? If there is can I have a slot?
If not can I start one? >>

Oooh that's a grate idea.  But this is all I have to say: WHAT ABOUT THE
THEATRE??!!??!! THE BLUDDY THEATRE!! I WANT A THEATRE!!

Thanks to the people who responded to my frantic begging for help with my
report earlier this week.  I found a professor of sexuality and the law to
interview so it worked out well.  But photography class.. dear god.  I
accidentally measured TEN TIMES the amount of developer I was supposed to
(don't ask), so most of the film was completely black.  I was working with a
partner so I ruined her pictures also.  My teacher said the edges were black,
which means that the film was exposed to the light somehow too.  I almost
started crying right in the middle of the classroom, it was horrible.  People
asked me what happened and I told them and they gave me really strange looks
and just walked away.  I've always been the dumbest in my class, but now the
whole class and my teacher know it.  At least my partner didn't really mind.
But we've got to take our pictures all over again.  I want to quit and
shrivel up and die.

But on a lighter note, I had to play a violin solo today for some judges and
I actually wasn't deathly nervous.  Right before I went on I was
hyperventilating of course but my orchestra teacher said it sounded confident
and good.  And I got a tape of B&S demos from Oliver in the mail.  So if
you're on Sinister, thanks a million and I'll send you something soon in
return.

And I know they're not at all twee, but I'd like to end this note by saying
that I think the new Smashing Pumpkins album is brilliant.

Samantha