Sinister: Cheeky donkeys

Arantxa Sanz pcxas at xxx.uk
Sun Mar 5 17:15:30 GMT 2000

Hellooooo!

It is the day I first listened to 'Lord Anthony' though I have been told i
had already listened to it some time in the past,but you know I do not
remember the first time, I am that sort of person...

It was fine to me, in spite of the quality of the recording, so I cannot
say much of the singing/lyrics by first-hearing,though boyfriend says I
don't care about lyrics.Which is not true.He cannot forgive the
guitar-slashing side of my personality,sniff.But I have not heard Rhoda
yet.It is more exciting to be revealed one song at the time, I
guess.Instead I was played the new anthems by Hefner, and told Ben and
Jason resemble Crowded House (a little) and not been played.

But I am going to be taken to see this retired donkeys home in some
retired corner of Lincolnshire this Spring.Donkeys faces are truly one of
the cutest and saddest things in this world.But I think it is the
influence of being forced to read 'Platero and I' at school at very early
age.They should include that in Section 28.Not because it promotes
zoophilia, or even donkeyphilia,but because it is a drag,very
poetic,maybe,but BORING.Probably most of you have no clue about what
rubbish I am talking about, lucky you.Some Andalousian poet who won the
Nobel Prize, wrote this book addressed to whoever but kids,but because it
is sweet,and twee and about donkeys Spanish children had to endure the
pain of its reading for several generations.

Perhaps I should send a copy to that rural girl, Isobel Campbell...

Arantxa