Sinister: subject lines? pah!

rachel tucker rachel at xxx.uk
Sun Mar 5 20:48:14 GMT 2000

my eyes are blurry. i've just read the last 3 1/2 digests and the screen is
beginning to swim. but rather than stop the radiation exposure and do
something worthwhile (like, hmmmm, an essay maybe, or 8...the number is
continually on the rise...) i thought i'd post as well. not got anything to
say mind (apart from to share the massive smile that is splitting my face at
the mo) but i'm sure i can ramble on for a bit to an inconclusive
ending...here goes:

carsmile steve said:

>mrs carsmilesteve and myself *are* looking to move to oxford once
>we've got ourselves jobs, anyone got any spare jobs in the area? go on
gizza
>job,

stevie baby, if you're that desperate to move here you can always work in
co-op. we need a baker, a scanning clerk, checkout chicks (or chaps...hmmm
chaps would be better), shelf slappers...anything really. i turned up for
work on friday (on overtime, as if i'd normally give up my friday!) and the
only checkout operator was....da da da...me. yup just me for two hours. the
managers had to get on tills which was funny for me cos they couldn't work
them and they had to ask for my help in a humiliated fashion. ha. serve them
right for thinking i'm thick...i'll get my revenge...

then stevie t said:

>If this wasn't enough, I feel I should admit that after seeing the new
Steps
video on Ant and Dec on Saturday, H and his pals have become my very
favourite pop thing of the twenty-first century.

...which got me hyperventilating i must say! the words ant&dec and steps and
h all in the same sentence! woo hoo! i love ant&dec. a lot. i mean, they're
always around with their cheeky grins and GRATE sense of humour....i've
grown up with them, i am part of the ant&dec generation without a doubt. who
can forget the infamous byker love triangle which reached it's shock climax
when pj (ant) got blinded playing paintball? and for duncan (dec) to do the
dirty with pj's girlfriend!!??? it was bbc drama at it's best.

their musicianship is often overlooked too; i was hunting out the first 911
album on thursday as a tribute to their memory (it wasn't as good as i
remember, the only decent track was 'the journey'. and maybe 'love
sensation') and i also found in my box of pop delights (and my wannabe goth
crap...don't normally admit to that...lots of 3rd rate britpop too...it's
really bad but whenever i see the oasis video i have the urge to go listen
to heavy stereo. i've resisted so far, but it won't be long.....) 'the cult
of ant and dec' and let me say it was absolutely fab and you should all go
buy beg borrow or steal a copy. a classic. and i'd completely forgotton in
the midsts of time one of the final singles 'better watch out', i can't
think how, cos it really is wicked. i can picture the video in my head...

and now i really have brought this list down to my unabashed pop kid level.
i am truly sorry.

my excuse is that i bought five's 'invincible' yesterday to round off my
poptastic week and am feeling really happy about this and the fact that i've
had The Best Weekend I Can Remember (well, apart from the footy....) and
everything in the world is steptacular, and ooh i can't stop grinning.
things are looking up, goddam.

and the scream are playing reading!!! and the delgados are coming to oxford
beginning of may, and hefner are playing sometime in april (paul> i managed
to delete a load of my mails by mistake including yours so i haven't got you
addy; can you get in touch again cos i've got all the info you wanted), beth
orton's playing here, and brassy,  and i'm going to gatecrasher and seeing
idlewild again at the end of this month...i'm so excited! but also very
skint....so, no more decent bands are allowed to play oxford until the
summer, okay? though admittedly i could make an exception for a certain
7-piece close to our hearts....

and now, just to put the icing on the cake, my dad's about to put my dinner
out (i can smell roast potatos, wicked!) so i will go stuff my face now.

lovin' and leavin' you

rachel xxx