Sinister: It's Pancake Day!

Robin Stout ppyrrjs at xxx.uk
Tue Mar 7 14:58:51 GMT 2000

It's Pancake Day!

At least I hope it is. My dad once gave a school assembly about
Shrove Tuesday, and its history and planned a whole day of
pancake day fun only to discover that it wasn't pancake day at all,
because that was next week. The whole of his staff were sworn to
secrecy and the use of the words "whip","batter" and "toss" were
banned within a four-mile radius, completely ruining the Women's
Institute's S&M party being held in the church hall.

It's Pancake Day!

Doesn't Pancake Day sound much better than Shrove Tuesday,
just like Bonfire Night sounds better than Guy Fawkes Night? I think
we should rename Easter as Egg Day, Halloween as Ghost Night
and Christmas as Give Granny A Funny Hat Day. Or maybe Sprouts
Day. That's a lot better.

It's Pancake Day!

If you want to know how to make a pancake, why not vist Pancake
The Clown "the only clown in England to have a Diploma of
Clownology from the United States of America" at
http://www.pancake.co.uk/

	grrrr!

		Robin xx