Sinister: Fold your hands child, you walk like a peasant

Nick.Dastoor at xxx.uk Nick.Dastoor at xxx.uk
Wed Mar 8 12:07:56 GMT 2000

>I fought in a war
>The model
>Beyond the sunrise
>Waiting for the moon to rise
>Don't leave the light on baby

>The wrong girl
>The chalet lines
>Nice day for a sulk
>Women's Realm
>Family Tree
>There's too much love

Fantastic!

No 'Marx and Engels' and no 'Legal Man', then.  No cover of 'Cracklin Rosie'
either.

Let's play 'who does what song'.  We already know that 'The Model' is Stuart's
(no more need for mmm's - sorry ghd).  I'm pretty sure 'I fought in a war' is
too.  'The Wrong Girl' and 'Beyond the Sunrise' are Stevie's, and 'Family Tree'
is Isobel's.

So, that leaves us with six to place.

'Women's Realm' - that's got Stuart written all over it.  I'm probably wrong.

'The Chalet Lines' -  Stuart tells the world about how Isobel's coke habit
spoiled things at Bowlie.

'Don't leave the light on baby' - Stevie goes bananas in an 'It Takes Two Baby'
romp with Isobel.

'Waiting for the moon to rise' - hmm... tricky.  One of the other band members'
debut efforts I reckon.  I go for Sarah - it sounds a bit goth.

'Nice day for a sulk' - it *can't* be Isobel's two-fingered riposte to her
detractors.  Can it?

'There's too much love' - Mick romances the laydeeez.

What about that title, eh?  At first I thought 'Oh, fair enough - some
deportment dictate remembered from childhood'.  But then I thought, hang on -
what on earth was Mrs Murdoch on about?  Not folding your arms when you walk
doesn't make you look like a peasant at all. Oh, hang on - it's 'hands', not
'arms'.  Well now I'm completely baffled.  What does folding your hands involve?
Is that when you put them together and like cup them in each other?  Hmm.. I'm
trying to picture walking like that...  Well I suppose it might look quite posh.
Like a bishop or Prince Charles.  But you'd be in danger of looking like you
needed to go wee-wee.

> P.S. FYHCYWLAP?

FUSSYWALLOP?

                         Nick xx