Sinister: Trainspotters, start your engines

Scott Plagenhoef splag at xxx.net
Wed Mar 8 16:43:03 GMT 2000

Hmm,

so let's face it: It's not the best title, is it? Anyone spot a reference?

The cover art is nice though, nice color -- reminds me of an old Smiths 12ยดยด
and the girl in the photo looks like she could be straight off of an Arab
Strap album cover -- and straight out of an Arab Strap song. Any guesses on
what book the girl (girls?) are holding, or whether or not the cover is two
photos of the same person or they are twins? It's not a reflection -- it's
sort of like of those "spot the differences" photos in the Sunday newspapers
or Kids' mags. Can we assume the cosmopolitan Sarah Martin is the
photographer?

>From where I sit, there is a bit of confusion about "Beyond the Sunrise" as
well.

Michelle wrote:

Those fearing the dreaded SITAR can rest easy, on the album at least,
apparently that one didn't make the final cut.

AND

There is 1 Stevie song...

If memory serves right (and mind that I am casting it back upon circulated
rumors and press reports in things such as "Select" and whatnot) "Beyond the
Sunrise" is a Stevie song (so is "The Wrong Girl" of course) and was the
so-called party raveup that may have been laced with the Harrisonesque
sounds of the sitar. Hmm. Nick Dastoor seemed to agree -- about the
songwriting credit at least. Anyone have any info? If "Beyond..." was taped
for "The Tube," surely there shouldn't be confusion about its source.

scott.