Sinister: A cynical sigh and a non commital shrug...

Mr Smiley smiley at xxx.uk
Tue Mar 7 21:39:05 GMT 2000

... heralds the return of Mr Smiley.

Mr Who?

    No, Mr Smiley. I lost my voice when I change accounts, and rather than
bother Honey I decided to spend two weeks playing in the sand pit. Actually,
I might just keep unsubbing and subbing again, so I'm perpetually in the
nursery. You see time moves slower in the nursery, so I'll have more time to
revise for my exams. Perhaps. But more likely not.
    Maybe I could use this rebirth as an attempt to actually write something
interesting and get people to talk to me. No, looking back over this post I
can see this is probably a lost cause.
    OK I give up. I have to ask. Someone else asked but no-one answered to
the list. All searches to the archives have yielded only very cryptic clues,
without giving me anything concrete to chew on (not that you'll ever see me
sinking my teeth into a wall), so... what the hell IS the tape tree? I
presume it's where people grow sellotape  in a greenhouse or something. Or
more likely it's where people make tapes for each other. But where on Earth
is it?
    Answers in machine code to:
smiley at rebelmonkey.freeserve.co.uk

God be with you
Mr Smiley

PS. Honey said:
>Anything that's witty, wise or wicked will probably be ok

Which led me to conclude that anything beginning with 'w' is OK. So I sent
this post, which is wan- #Transmission failed#