Sinister: Sometimes Luck Smiles on You

kerry zutroy at xxx.org
Wed Mar 8 18:16:21 GMT 2000

i was just going to send this off to robin herself, but decided that
it might actually be of interest to the rest of the list, too. (yes,
all 1200+ of you)

Robin Stout wondered:
> By the way, does anyone
>know what book Lazy Line Painter Jane has, on her e.p.? It looks
>like a textbook or something.

well, i'd never bothered to look before, but it appears to be
something like "reason and reality" by john polkinghorne. if i had
the 12" it would probably be easier to see.
i found a book in my school's library catalogue called "reason and
reality," and i found an author named john polkinghorne, but not the
two together. maybe if i get bored enough i'll go dig around the
library and see if it looks the same.
all the john polkinghorne books are physics books, and the listing
for "reason and reality" lists it as a philosophy book. hm.
as for FYHC YWLAP, i can't discern the book she/they are reading, but
doesn't the evil girl look like fairuza balk of "the craft" fame?
well, i think she does. maybe it's just the eye makeup.

and on a totally unrelated note, has anybody else noticed the feature
on the sinister website that says "greetings to ____, our newest list
member" or something to that effect? has this been around for ages
without me knowing? it's tempting me to leave the list then rejoin
just to see my name there. um.

-kerry

"well it comes with the hurt and the guilt and the memories. if i had
to take them with me i would never get from my bed . . . (do you
really think you keep it all that well hid?) no, but i travel light."
	                                -tindersticks, "travelling light"