Sinister: sword of omen, give me sight beyond sight

blair hicks SlowRobot at xxx.com
Thu Mar 9 05:14:54 GMT 2000

oh list,

    riding a wave of uncharacteristic optimism, i've decided to post, so
read on and revel in my good karma. it'll be good for you lot, especially
those of you in damp, rainy climates, who are no doubt often somber and
morose.
    i slept through classes this morning - not only my 8am lab, but a 10
o'clock western civ lecture, for which i will likely be reemed a new one by
the almighty.
    isn't it nice to see a new wave of b&s content? on that note, i'd just
like to say that the UK release date for the new record is my parent's
wedding anniversary, which is also my paternal grandmother's birthday. all
you astrologists keep your eyes on the heavens - no good will come of this.
    james taylor was inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame this week,
which is lovely, and you don't think so, go soak your head. he's king.
    oh - as a b&s related afterthought, i've seen the new EP set priced
differently all over. my favorite record store here in austin, the
world-renowned 33 degrees records, has it priced at $15.99. have any of you
state-side listees seen it priced lower at one of the big chains, like
tower, best buy, or borders? i so very much want capitalism to work its
merry speel on me, but i need an inside opinion first.
    speaking of my fellow americans, are any of you catching the SXSW
festival this year? i'm defenitely seeing beulah, japancakes (the entire
kindercore show, for that matter), macca, and the apples in stereo. elliot
and sebadoh will be crouded and un-fun, but the other shows should be GRATE.
is anybody heading down austin way? let me know - free meals seem to abound
in my company.
    well, it's been lovely, but i have to run. stay healthy, sinister. i'm
sure some sort of satanic allergy season will be striking your corner of the
globe sometime soon. prrof once more of a cruel, unforgiving god.

fondly,
blair

p.s. - to vel, for complementing my sinister comic book store - you are
going straight to heaven. you and james taylor.