Sinister: She's Llewething It

Laura Llew lleweth at xxx.com
Thu Mar 9 21:18:06 GMT 2000

Warning: This post contains actual Belle & Sebastian content. Small parts
are unsuitable for those in the nursery with an oral fixation.

I have been neglecting my once regular visits to the Sinister chat room for
a couple of weeks now. Two days ago I popped in for a quick hello. My timing
has never been better and I was graced to be in the cyber presence of Stuart
Murdoch. I figure it's as close as I'll ever come to him. I'll take what I
can get. (I also will take what I can't get but somehow that defies all laws
of logic - like most of my ideas). You all should be quite proud of my self
control.  I didn't even mention the words 'cabana boy.'

Stuart came in before we before we knew the title of their new CD was so no
one asked him about the references. However, Honey did inquire about the
song "The Chalet Lines" to see if it was about the Bowlie. Ciara said that
it was about a girl who got raped at some place where Stuart worked when he
was younger. The place started with a B, but I was unfamiliar with the name.
Thus, I don't remember it.  Sorry.  I figure this information is a scoop
though and I feel like a cool kid. It's almost as good as if I was Will
Porter himself.

I was wondering though -- how exactly does a peasant walk? Do they mean
peasant as in a yeoman or as in the bird? Oh wait, I guess that's a
pheasant. Oh well. Stu also made a comment about doing something that made
him look like "the fag of New York."  Sounds like an accomplishment to me! I
wonder if he meant fag as in being gay or as in a cigarette?

A girl who had quit her job to move across the country to live in a one
bedroom with 10 guys in the Navy called me adventurous. Ho ho ho. I had to
stifle my laughter when I heard that. Anyway, I've realized that I have
stagnated here long enough and the time for a road trip is long past due. My
brother is getting married in Oakland California on April 7th. At first, I
was going to skip it because the first Braves game is on April 3rd against
Colorado. Unfortunately, my brother seems to think family is more important
that baseball. (I don't know what was distracting that lifeguard when my bro
snuck in the gene pool). Hence, I'm going cross country (I'm in North
Carolina now) out to northern California. Then, I'm going to spend two weeks
in Utah (and wherever I might float to from there) and then back to Cali for
a couple more days. I'll be getting back to my beloved NC about the first of
May. It shall be one heck of a trip. So, if anyone is out there in the West
who wants to entertain me please feel free. Do I mean entertain as in to
amuse or as in to consider?

Could someone enlighten me on something?  It has come to my knowledge that
somehow Athens Georgia has become a musical hot spot. It's true! Why, Brad
from the list saw the guy from Neutral Milk Hotel pedaling around on his
bike and Sarah from B&S is visiting there next week. What is there in Athens
that attracts people that I don't know about? The only thing I can think of
that is there is the University of Georgia. I've had some close friends and
a brother that went to Georgia Tech (UGA's fierce  rivals). So, everything
I've heard about Athens is incredibly negative and most likely very false.
Why is it attracting everyone?

Speaking of Sarah, (well I mentioned her name anyway)  I had another Belle
and Sebastian dream. This time she was the only one from the band in it. I
was out at some place and she was there. We were coming up with poems -- a
haiku to be precise. She created a rather nice one that rhymed "Belle &
Sebastian" with a rather naughty word. It doesn't actually rhyme in real
life but it did in my dream. I think I only dreamed of her because someone
posted a link to the list with pictures of the band while they were in the
US. Before then, I had never seen any pictures of her. Why do people always
yammer about Isobel but never mention anything about her?

And why I'm asking questions.. does anyone have any good short stories that
they could recommend to me?

love and gleek the space monkey

Laura
'meeting all of your laura llew needs since 1977'

"It should not be denied.. that being footloose has always exhilarted us. It
is associated in our minds with escape from history and opression and law
and irksome obligations, with absolute freedom, and the has always led
west." --Wallace Stegner  (He was dead brillant. Unfortunately, now he's
just dead.)