Sinister: Straight Outta Nursery; Please Don't hurt me. Greetings All!

Vilkas D'Angelo-Horvath vilkas at xxx.com
Fri Mar 10 05:50:00 GMT 2000

Hellooooo Sinisterians. This is my official debutante ball post. I¹m new in
these parts. I subscribed and then read a bunch of stuff under the heading
of Sinister. Gee, I hope I¹m prepared enough. Some of this is response to
old news, some is not so newsworthy, some is no content. Anyway, wish me
luck. (dives in with a big splash)

Ok, vibrosheep, what the *#!# is FELCHYPLOP? I know what FYHCYWLAP is but
huh?

And another thing: Could you imagine the sound of B&S with a sitar??!! That
would be tha bomb. (slang term: tha bomb-the best thing that ever could be)

My cassette player has pitch control; I listened to travis on chipmunk
sound.  Can¹t wait to find my IYFS cassette and have chipmunk sound.
Ohmigawd...imagine gentle waves on chipmunk. the sad thing is that I enjoy
chipmunk.

I know the magic of Jaffa Cakes. They¹re the same thing as I think they¹re
called ³Le Petit LU² in the orange?

No B & S Content on the next paragraph:
 Anyone else going to the Charlatans/Stereophonics or Gomez shows in DC?  I
have no badges so I¹m I guess invisible as a sinister spy. mwa hah hah hah.
P.S. The Promise Ring plays 12 March in Richmond VA. Also Apollo 440 are
coming to Richmond VA as well. Guess where I am? tee hee hee.

I¹d like to see the famous singer, not the sinisterian Moz in the apron. and
nothing else. meeeow. (not that you¹re not a hottie Moz)

The story on Looper is they¹re touring as the support act for the Flaming
Lips. They are playing NYC (Irving Plaza I think). [this might be an
unfounded rumour: And possibly also Carrboro North Carolina. YAY! That¹s way
closer to me personally than NYC. Not that I won¹t go to NY as well.  >: )]

Fiona,
Your Travis Turn quote like 300 days ago cracked me up; to see that many
turns typed out in a row. Linguistic humour anyone? Or is it just me.  Cos
its real nice when Fran sings it, not funny at all, warm Œn¹ fuzzy.  Oh
yeah, Travis is openng up for Oasis on their US tour. WooHoo! Also good luck
on or take care on what was up with you; I missed something in the posts.

I¹d like to post a picture of my new superfly yet comfortable shoes on the
clothing section.  Cos they¹re cool.  Maybe my giant Russian fur fake fur
hat. It¹s freakin¹ huge.

Beware: Old news but...About Stuart David leaving:  I like Looper. (saw them
at black Cat, DC, 99[quick review:  FABulous rockin multimedia
extravaganza]) I like Belle & Sebastian. So if both bands can continue then
good.   I¹d hate to have seen Stu D sticking around and becoming miserable
just for the sake of not leaving,.  And another thing-If Belle & Sebastian
were to not grow and change for the better-wouldn¹t that suck? And another
thing-Stu D¹s(Hmm...I wonder if he¹s related to Mike D >:))voice-love it.
Beautiful, soothing, lilting...all that stuff.

Kevin Allsworth,
Wee Karn isn¹t that wee in my opinion. Maybe that¹s just stage presence
though.

I always thought Stu M. was singing
 ³...go with girls, at least you¹ll know where to put it...²

And another thing: I assume that the Select April issue doesn¹t come out in
the US until April. Who¹s down with this knowledge?

Not B&S but.......me and my friend were dining in the local Taco Bell (no
comment); they played Texas over the piped in music. WOOHOO! Then they
played Sammy Hagar. What???!!!  Not fair.

 I¹m trying to go back to Glasgow this summer.  Whwn I was there last; one
of the thing that ended up in my suitcase was an
official-curvy-thing-near-the-top pint glass from  Nice ŒN¹ Sleazy¹s. (B&S
content: did you read that thingy I think on the B&S not Jeepster page where
it was 2 of the guys were playing scrabble in this establishment) There¹s a
story behind the glass.  The highlights are the young man with freckles,
brown eyes, red hair(yummm);  dancing at the art school Œtil way late a.m.;
and finding the glass where we left it on a cement fencepost a block down
from the art school on Renfrew St. Think what you want. Nothing more
happened. The young man had to be at work at the phone company at 8 a.m.
and I had to be in class at 9 a.m. And I had been in Scotland less than 24
hours at that point. Jet-Lag is yucky.  Please keep in mind that however
much I wish I was or have ever been; I am not a jet setter.
Hmmm............I¹ve been around the world, and eye eye eye , I can¹t find
my baby...

And another thing:
³B&S² on the spell checker comes up suggested that you change it to ³BUS².
Coincedence? Or diabolical microserf plot? You decide.

I¹m not responsible for this following pages; yet I wish I was:
http://www.milkyelephant.com/mumbleboy/milkymumble.html
http://www.superbad.com/
I don't know whether these will come up as hyperlinks, but they are worth
cutting and pasting.

XXOO, Vilkas, the village benevolent dictator