Sinister: 2 outs, bottom of the 9th, we want a pitcher not a belly itcher.

Robyn Fadden rfadden at xxx.com
Sat Mar 11 01:54:29 GMT 2000

so list y'all,
basebase seems to be a dominant subject in my life
recently. well, more dominant/noticable than other things.
laura mentioned baseball and its ruling her travel plans,
then i saw "wonder boys" and a silly prof character in that
collects jo dimagio/marilyn monroe memorabilia, and then
i'm also reading don delillo's underworld* which begins
with a baseball game. it must be spring! or at least a
spring-themed convergence theory.

(sadly, vancouver just lost its minor league team, the
canadians, last year and we all must settle for the indoor
arena sports (like monster trucking) which really have not
much to do with sitting in the sun drinking beer and eating
nachos and calling out witty drunken things in the game's
quiet moments, of which there are many (both witty drunken
things and quiet moments.(witty being a word i use with
much deviation from standard definition...)))

(here are more brackets in case i've missed any (( )))

also, i haven't gotten out of the baseball part of
underworld because spring threatened to happen on the
weekend and i had to reread "the secret garden" to make it
hurry up and come on then. which was nice and calming and
not at all postmodern. though if you think about it too
much, it really becomes that way. argh. don't think about
it. so i don't. and, lo and behold, sunday *and* monday
were amazing warm and sunny days! for a few hours there i
felt i really did want to live forever and ever and ever.
(you know, days like diamonds, etc. aw. nice.)

and in a minor b&s related note (this must be spoken in a
yelling kind of fashionTV voice): say hello to spring and
say hello to the colour orange! yes, that's right all you
trendsetters, orange is IN! it's sassy, it's bold, use it
as an accessory or drape yourself from head to toe! and b&s
are on top of the fashion scene with the release of the
lazy line painter jane ep set!

i've realized recently that one cannot re-tell stories from
the Onion as anecdotes.
it took me a few tries to figure that out though.
(for those among you who aren't laughing at me, see
http://www.theonion.com and then you can laugh at a lot of
things.)

*in having to look up how to *spell* delillo, even though
i've read at least 4 of his books, i noticed that colin
campbell suggested reading a joan didion book. yes! joan
didion is awesome! everyone needs to read her book of
personal essays "slouching towards bethlehem". It really is
amazing.

and with that, robyn plucked her eyebrows into very thin
lines and painted them with thick black liner and went out
and met her people in gold lamme.
rah!
robyn

=====
I was reading the dictionary. I thought it was a poem about everything. ~Steven Wright
~~~
Robyn Fadden    rfadden at yahoo.com    Vancouver, BC