Sinister: Put the box-set back on the shelf...

Chris_t_opher chris_t_opher at xxx.com
Sat Mar 11 19:37:10 GMT 2000

I'm sorry....

    I bought the box set today. But don't complain, I was missing 1 and a
half EPs so it's a good 4 mi. I think 3...6...9 could soon become my
favourite EP (overall). Every track is pure quality. Dog On Wheels sounds
better on the Black Sessions i think (which is somewhat of a let-down).
String Bean Jean has exactly the same chords and guitar lick as The Kids
Aren't Alright by The Offspring, which really frightened me - I'm not saying
The Kids... is bad, but you really dont expect things like that, do you? The
set itself is pretty annoying - the three CDs fit with a millimetre to
spare, so the cover is gonna get bashed very quickly.

    I was just wondering why Jeepster didnt want to release all four EPs in
the set. I think it's probably because record shops dont seen to like more
than 3CD sets but it's still annoying. They're probably planning to release
another after two more EPs.

    Louis had a smashing email thingy. I didnt read all the content, i was
following the story about the girl with the broken glasses too closely. It's
the same for me most of the time :o) I hope (for your sake) there's a
follow-up to that, Louis.

    Did anyone see that program last Sunday on BEEB2 at about Midnight? It
was called Speak Like A Child. The thing that drew me to it was the song
that they played throughout it - Nick Drake's Saturday Sun. It's good to see
that people are starting to really recognise how good his music is for
things like that. I thought i read somewhere that one of his songs was used
on an advert once, but it was probably just my imagination (?). Anyway,
Nature Boy has finished, so i was slightly unhappy. I think some Nick Drake
would have fitted perfectly in that programme.

    I've been listening to all the music i bought over the holidays. The
Frames are very good (in a kind of U2/Commercial way) so i've heard that a
few times. Mega City Four sounded better than i thought they would. I was
thinking of FSOL when i bought it (for some reason). Whistler has
(obviously) gained a place on my main CD rack. As has Michael Head (THANKS
KADJIE) and HMS Fable is on top of my CD player. All the others are next to
my printer and i keep forgetting they're even there.

    Short and snappy, it's.....

    Chris_t_opher - King of The Playground