Sinister: in rare foul mood, won't last long

alix campbell lixibell at xxx.com
Sun Mar 12 20:32:57 GMT 2000

Hello

Here’s another backdated post from me. It is Tuesday today.
I did an honest days work yesterday and intend to carry on this way. It’s
just not healthy, I say, but one is compelled. I spent Sunday preparing for
my big day by rearranging my CDs. Not only have I put them back into
alphabetical order, but I have separated the singles from the albums. I’m
not sure whether I like this way of arranging though. I am doing a bTEC in
Being Boring, it would appear.

Rachel Tucker:
>and the delgados are coming to oxford
>beginning of may, and hefner are playing sometime in april (paul> i
> >managed
>to delete a load of my mails by mistake including yours so i haven't >got
>you
>addy; can you get in touch again cos i've got all the info you >wanted),
>beth
>orton's playing here, and brassy,

well, this isn’t fucking fair. No one ever played when I lived there. Except
for the time B&S did, and I didn’t like them much at the time and didn’t go.
Oxford’s not allowed to have nice stuff happen, unless I’m there, to stumble
gin addled up the Cowley Road and eat chips from Wings. In my day we were
lucky if Sir Bald Diddley and his Wigouts *played*. Well, perhaps lucky
isn’t the right word.

I also love Ant and Dec. I’m going to kidnap them, and love them forever and
ever and ever and ever.

The Brits. What shite. As anyone who was at my house that night knows, I
scweamed and wept and hid under my bed at the sheer horror of it. I didn’t
think that there would ever be a program where all the worse music ever was
nominated. Texas (please let me at Sharlene Spitoon, or whatever she’s
called, and allow me to weld her face shut), Stereophonics (the trick, Kelly
(GIRLS NAME) is * not * to release every song from the album. Oh, and to
make good music), Travis, Gabrielle the so called, one-eyed ‘queen of
soul(lessness)’, Ian Brown and his delusions of monkeyness, Tom twatting
Jones, Sting (just piss off, OK), Gomez (stop pretending you aren’t old men)
and Martin(e) McCutcheon. Why is all this awful music encouraged? WHY? WHY?
It’s just a good thing the lighthouse weren’t nominated, , say for ‘most
original band’, and Ally McBeal hosting it , because had they been, I would
have fetched my kalashnikov.

Could I have used less brackets in the previous paragraph?

Has anyone heard of the band Weeping Jesus? I heard some the other day,
through a friend, and they’re rather impressive, despite the name.

Now it’s Friday, but there’s nothing new to add. I shall read my digests and
see if I have an opinion. Ooh, I thought of something. It’s the Tranny of
the Year awards on Channel 5 tonight.

I reckon the book on the cover of LLPJ is ‘Soap Bubbles and the Forces That
Mould Them’ which is a tremendously exciting text I stole from my school
library.

I did write some more tonight (Sunday) and it was fantastic, witty and
gripping, but then the computer crashed twice and I’m can’t be bothered to
do it again. I hate having to do ScanDisk, and put up with its insults ‘Your
computer was not shut down properly and you started the holocaust’ I KNOW
my computer wasn’t shut down properly. I didn’t ask it to crash. He who is
without guilt cast the first stone. Yes, I am taking to you, Scan fucking
disk. It’s my flatmate’s fault for having a shit computer, I’m going to
steal some of her margarine as revenge. Now it won’t let me connect to the
internet.
<Lixi grimaces at the monitor and generally looks and sounds like an enraged
gorilla>

byebye
lixi

"Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's an 8 inch anal probe, silly" ~
DNaMagazine