Sinister: "I see" (Blind man 3:16)

David Howie howied41 at xxx.com
Sun Mar 12 21:06:07 GMT 2000

Hello,

Again, another foray into the frivolous, fateful and fickle font of
knowledge that is Sinister.  Presently, I'm evading the deluge of work that
the SQA seems to be bestowing upon anyone stupid enough to stay on for
Higher Swill.  Note: the Scottish education system is rather poor.  Thanks
to that oh so precious vector, who seemed to wave hello whilst bidding
goodbye.  Miss Farewell, that is you.  Thanks for the nice warm welcome, it
is always nice to be well received.  Nice?  Sorry, 'tis a very nondescript
word I know.

B&S content is reccomended round these parts, I hear.  Well, I suppose I
could furnish your inbox with an observation my oh-so-clever girlfriend
made.  The cover to FYHCYWLAP has been contrived to look like a girl looking
in a mirror.  Though, it is obvious that the picture is not a mirror image
but rather two similar looking ladies ogling each other.  I never noticed
it; I've not heard (seen?) anyone mention it on the list.  If it has been
mentioned before, sorry.

FYHCYWLAP?  If goaded by this monster on Countdown, I'm sure the *ahem!* G
of the D would be rather disconcerted.  What can we garner from
re-assembling the letters?  My best effort is the 4 letter Flap, Clap, Chap.
Any advance on 4?  What a mundane game Countdown really is.  Twice nightly
whitely hath a lot to answer to.

Did I hear someone mention "Catch-22"?  I'm reading that at the moment.  It
has me physically wetting myself at times.  (As opposed to spiritually, or
metaphysically, wetting yourself, Howie?)  I would also reccomend, my
favourite book, "Tender Is The Night" by F. Scott Fitzgerald.  I can't say
anything about it without breaking down into paroxysms of pure emotion and
spasmodic grief.  Beautifully crafted, F. Scott has a lyrical style to die
for.  It may attract criticism as 'not the intellectual piece of Art that
Gatsby is' but it is not as it has been described by some critics: "starry,
superficial surfaces designed for glitzy impermanence."  I reckon this is my
favourite book, intellectually and instinctually.

Is such blatant book bias deemed that oh-so-woeful of crimes: 'list abuse'?
I'm sorry.  I'll keep my content in future to pure B&S and Smut content.

Thankyouverymuch,

David.

"You sold the pimp a warehouse,
You dialled 666 for Santa..." (Syd Lexia, Madge Bishop's Shellsuit.)

"A whispered, 'listen'; a punctured kiss.
Transient heaven, electrostatic bliss..." (Frail Gail, Madge Bishop's
Shellsuit.)